Cipo is in the Tour

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jeff Jones, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  2. It's ridiculous. He has used 'we only take Div I teams' as an agument in the past.

    Maybe Cipo will have revenge by smilingly fainting an injury and leave the honor to his teammates.

    BTW the team relegated on paperwork. With riders like eg. Scarponi they were a worthy Div I team
    even with a subpar Cipo.

  3. Smmb

    Smmb Guest

  4. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

  5. On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:21:47 +0100, Robert Chung wrote:
    > Here are the Division I teams who got jumped over: Chocolade Jacques Landbouwkrediet Palmans
    > Relax-Bodysol

    I sense stricter border controls emerging in southern Belgium.

  6. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    JTN <[email protected]> wrote:
    > its a retirement send off party...... he is one of the best sprinters ever.....

    > "Jeff Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Surprise, surprise!
    >>
    >> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/feb04/feb27news3
    >>
    >> Jeff

    It is no such thing. Leblanc is clearly a fan of the opera, and he is letting this cloud his better
    judgement. This relationship is cursed. It can only end in tragedy and death.

    Cipo's abilities as a sprinter are fading, but he is more than capable of playing the jester in Duke
    Jean-Marie's palace.

    Petacchi is the assassin. Gilda is a podium babe. Her love is forbidden by the outraged Duke, and
    she is banished.

    This relationship is cursed. Everybody dies in the end. Maybe one or two characters will be left to
    wail in grief. Cipo will be on the beach before the second act begins.

    Bob Schwartz [email protected]

  7. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

    Bob Schwartz wrote:
    > It is no such thing. Leblanc is clearly a fan of the opera, and he is letting this cloud his
    > better judgement. This relationship is cursed. It can only end in tragedy and death.
    >
    > Cipo's abilities as a sprinter are fading, but he is more than capable of playing the jester in
    > Duke Jean-Marie's palace.
    >
    > Petacchi is the assassin. Gilda is a podium babe. Her love is forbidden by the outraged Duke, and
    > she is banished.
    >
    > This relationship is cursed. Everybody dies in the end. Maybe one or two characters will be left
    > to wail in grief. Cipo will be on the beach before the second act begins.

    Cipo will avoid the carnage by stating his goal is to finish. Winning stages? Been there, done that.
    This year, he wants to prove LeBlanc's decisions of the past 4 years have been invalid. Meanwhile,
    Pettachi will be the one on the beach, as last year. Once he's gone, Cipo will have his chances.

    Dan

  8. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    he will rise to the occasion. he is what petacci wants to be some day...... better to have than to
    want baby....... besides his wife is hotter....

    "Alex Rodriguez" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected]
    > says...
    > >Surprise, surprise! http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/feb04/feb27news3
    >
    > I would say this came a year too late. Last year he probably would have put on a better show, so
    > to speak. This year I wonder if he still has it in him.
    > --------------------
    > Alex

  9. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    WTF? you have some imagination. besides, gilda is a lez, didnt ya hear?

    "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > JTN <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > its a retirement send off party...... he is one of the best sprinters ever.....
    >

    > > "Jeff Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >> Surprise, surprise!
    > >>
    > >> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/feb04/feb27news3
    > >>
    > >> Jeff
    > >>

    > It is no such thing. Leblanc is clearly a fan of the opera, and he is letting this cloud his
    > better judgement. This relationship is cursed. It can only end in tragedy and death.
    >
    > Cipo's abilities as a sprinter are fading, but he is more than capable of playing the jester in
    > Duke Jean-Marie's palace.
    >
    > Petacchi is the assassin. Gilda is a podium babe. Her love is forbidden by the outraged Duke, and
    > she is banished.
    >
    > This relationship is cursed. Everybody dies in the end. Maybe one or two characters will be left
    > to wail in grief. Cipo will be on the beach before the second act begins.
    >
    > Bob Schwartz [email protected]

  10. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Dan Connelly wrote:
    > Bob Schwartz wrote:
    >> It is no such thing. Leblanc is clearly a fan of the opera, and he is letting this cloud his
    >> better judgement. This relationship is cursed. It can only end in tragedy and death.
    >>
    >> Cipo's abilities as a sprinter are fading, but he is more than capable of playing the jester in
    >> Duke Jean-Marie's palace.
    >>
    >> Petacchi is the assassin. Gilda is a podium babe. Her love is forbidden by the outraged Duke, and
    >> she is banished.
    >>
    >> This relationship is cursed. Everybody dies in the end. Maybe one or two characters will be left
    >> to wail in grief. Cipo will be on the beach before the second act begins.
    >
    > Cipo will avoid the carnage by stating his goal is to finish. Winning stages? Been there, done
    > that. This year, he wants to prove LeBlanc's decisions of the past 4 years have been invalid.
    > Meanwhile, Pettachi will be the one on the beach, as last year. Once he's gone, Cipo will have his
    > chances.

    I agree with both of you. Leblanc is counting on Cipo getting spanked by Petacchi; I'm sure he'd
    like nothing better. But first and foremost Leblanc is a businessman, and he knows that Cipo will
    bring a greater viewership than on any of the 'hijacked' division I teams. I think Cipo has
    mentioned in the past that he would finish this Tour, and some people (like me) will be watching
    him for that.

    Cipo Watch 2004

  11. Brian Roth

    Brian Roth Guest

    "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
    > Here are the Division I teams who got jumped over: Bankgiroloterij Chocolade Jacques Denardi
    > Lampre Landbouwkrediet Palmans Milaneza Relax-Bodysol Saunier Duval Vini Caldirola

    Lampre is paying for the Rumsas fiasco, same with Milaneza and Perez.

    Landbouwkrediet would have been fun to see. No Vini means no Garzelli, but he's focused on the Giro.

    Chocolate Jacques wanted to attend, but that was a tall order for a first year team when wildcards
    have to be selected by March 1.

    I think the Cipo invite is 1 year too late.

  12. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    JTN <[email protected]> wrote:
    > WTF? you have some imagination. besides, gilda is a lez, didnt ya hear?

    Hey, write your own libretto!

    There is no role for Sheryl in mine, I can tell you that!

    Bob Schwartz [email protected]

  13. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Dan Connelly wrote:
    >> Cipo will avoid the carnage by stating his goal is to finish. Winning stages? Been there, done
    >> that. This year, he wants to prove LeBlanc's decisions of the past 4 years have been invalid.
    >> Meanwhile, Pettachi will be the one on the beach, as last year. Once he's gone, Cipo will have
    >> his chances.
    >>
    > I agree with both of you. Leblanc is counting on Cipo getting spanked by Petacchi; I'm sure he'd
    > like nothing better. But first and foremost Leblanc is a businessman, and he knows that Cipo will
    > bring a greater viewership than on any of the 'hijacked' division I teams. I think Cipo has
    > mentioned in the past that he would finish this Tour, and some people (like me) will be watching
    > him for that.

    There is no glory for The Jester in just finishing. Consider, he has seen nothing but contempt and
    ridicule from The Duke. Plus, he is nearing retirement. This is the last he will see of the palace.

    The urge to tweak the Duke one last time will be overpowering. The Duke will be powerless
    to stop him.

    In order to contest stages past the first week the Jester needs a team that is capable of holding
    the race together in order to insure a sprint finish. He no longer commands forces of that
    magnitude, he survives by his wits. And wit is not sufficient in a transitional stage. The Assassin
    will share the beach with the Jester, who will thumb his nose at the Duke yet again.

    Gilda will swing with a courtier who is not a great Tour rider but who has cool shoes.

    Bob Schwartz [email protected]

    Both you guys suck rocks as librettists.

  14. Benjo Maso

    Benjo Maso Guest

    "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Dan Connelly wrote:
    > >> Cipo will avoid the carnage by stating his goal is to finish. Winning stages? Been there, done
    > >> that. This year, he wants to prove LeBlanc's decisions of the past 4 years have been invalid.
    > >> Meanwhile, Pettachi will be the one on the beach, as last year. Once he's gone, Cipo will have
    > >> his chances.
    > >>
    > > I agree with both of you. Leblanc is counting on Cipo getting spanked by Petacchi; I'm sure he'd
    > > like nothing better. But first and foremost
    Leblanc
    > > is a businessman, and he knows that Cipo will bring a greater viewership than on any of the
    > > 'hijacked' division I teams. I think Cipo has
    mentioned
    > > in the past that he would finish this Tour, and some people (like me)
    will
    > > be watching him for that.
    >
    > There is no glory for The Jester in just finishing. Consider, he has seen nothing but contempt
    > and ridicule from The Duke. Plus, he is nearing retirement. This is the last he will see of
    > the palace.
    >
    > The urge to tweak the Duke one last time will be overpowering. The Duke will be powerless to
    > stop him.
    >
    > In order to contest stages past the first week the Jester needs a team that is capable of holding
    > the race together in order to insure a sprint finish. He no longer commands forces of that
    > magnitude, he survives by his wits. And wit is not sufficient in a transitional stage. The
    > Assassin will share the beach with the Jester, who will thumb his nose at the Duke yet again.
    >
    > Gilda will swing with a courtier who is not a great Tour rider but who has cool shoes.

    What do you think? Petacchi making an obscene gesture when Cipo sings to him "Pari siamo"? Or Cipo
    after a series of defeats throwing again his water bottles to the journalists under the ringing
    tones of "Giornalisti, vil razza dannata"?

    Benjo Maso

  15. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    [email protected] (brian roth) wrote:

    >"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
    >> Here are the Division I teams who got jumped over: Bankgiroloterij Chocolade Jacques Denardi
    >> Lampre Landbouwkrediet Palmans Milaneza Relax-Bodysol Saunier Duval Vini Caldirola
    >

    >Lampre is paying for the Rumsas fiasco, same with Milaneza and Perez.
    >
    >Landbouwkrediet would have been fun to see. No Vini means no Garzelli, but he's focused on
    >the Giro.

    Vini Caldirola didn't even ask for a wildcard. Le Tour does not fit their 2004 schedule. The Italian
    team that really should have been there is Lampre, with their senators for GC and a bunch of stage
    hunters. Unfortunately LeBlank said that he won't invite them anymore. Hopefully this shit is going
    to end next year, with the birth of the "Pro Tour" whose ranks the pink and blue shirted team will
    probably make.

    >Chocolate Jacques wanted to attend, but that was a tall order for a first year team when wildcards
    >have to be selected by March 1.

    But the real scandal in those wild card choices is not who's out, but instead who's in. Rags
    semences is not even a real team, just a bunch of desperados trying to delay their retirements for a
    few more months.

    >I think the Cipo invite is 1 year too late.

    I think it, too. LeBlank probably invited him because of the sprint dominance level that Petacchi
    showed last year. He knows that no one of those wanking froggy sprinters of his own (the nazons,
    etc...) is going to give any trouble to Ale. So he decided to call back the former reigning
    sprinter. Unfortunately, the first two 2004 head to head between the Lion King and the new sprint
    Monarch showed that right now the man born in La Spezia is light years ahead of anybody else in
    terms of both power and technique. I think he can even top the number of victories he had last year,
    maybe with 1/2 WC races in between there as well.

  16. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

    Bob Schwartz wrote:
    > In order to contest stages past the first week the Jester needs a team that is capable of holding
    > the race together in order to insure a sprint finish. He no longer commands forces of that
    > magnitude, he survives by his wits. And wit is not sufficient in a transitional stage. The
    > Assassin will share the beach with the Jester, who will thumb his nose at the Duke yet again.

    Fasso will keep it together. Cipo no longer has the responsibility, as he is no longer the
    prime threat.

    Dan

  17. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Dan Connelly <[email protected]_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote:
    > Bob Schwartz wrote:
    >> In order to contest stages past the first week the Jester needs a team that is capable of holding
    >> the race together in order to insure a sprint finish. He no longer commands forces of that
    >> magnitude, he survives by his wits. And wit is not sufficient in a transitional stage. The
    >> Assassin will share the beach with the Jester, who will thumb his nose at the Duke yet again.

    > Fasso will keep it together. Cipo no longer has the responsibility, as he is no longer the
    > prime threat.

    For who will Fassa keep it together? The guy on the beach?

    Dan, I'm talking about tragedy, not comedy.

    Bob Schwartz [email protected]