Cipo is no ******

Davey Crockett

Guest
Lots of DNF on the California Scene on stage Four

But a nice ride for a guy that most ware happy to write off
1 Dominique Rollin (Can) Toyota - United Pro Cycling Team 6.56.08 (31.288 km/h)
2 George Hincapie (USA) High Road 0.18
3 Iker Camano Ortuzar (Spa) Saunier Duval-Scott
4 Gerald Ciolek (Ger) High Road 2.28
5 Mark Cavendish (GBr) High Road
6 Juan Jose Haedo (Arg) Team CSC
7 Freddie Rodriguez (USA) Rock Racing
8 Alexander Candelario (USA) Kelly Benefit Strategies / Medifast
9 Sébastien Turgot (Fra) Bouygues Telecom
10 Mario Cipollini (Ita) Rock Racing

--
Davey Crockett
-

On Feb 22, 2:38 am, Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote:
> Lots of DNF on the California Scene on stage Four
>
> But a nice ride for a guy that most ware happy to write off
> 1 Dominique Rollin (Can) Toyota - United Pro Cycling Team 6.56.08(31.288 km/h)
> 2 George Hincapie (USA) High Road 0.18
> 3 Iker Camano Ortuzar (Spa) Saunier Duval-Scott
> 4 Gerald Ciolek (Ger) High Road 2.28
> 5 Mark Cavendish (GBr) High Road
> 6 Juan Jose Haedo (Arg) Team CSC
> 7 Freddie Rodriguez (USA) Rock Racing
> 8 Alexander Candelario (USA) Kelly Benefit Strategies / Medifast
> 9 Sébastien Turgot (Fra) Bouygues Telecom
> 10 Mario Cipollini (Ita) Rock Racing

Damn the guy is consistent. He's been so damn relaxed the whole race
and he's always within spitting distance of the winner at sprint
finishes.

RicodJour a écrit profondement:

| Damn the guy is consistent. He's been so damn relaxed the whole race
| and he's always within spitting distance of the winner at sprint
| finishes.

For all the hoopla about Rock Racing, Michael Ball is like a
Breath of Spring which was badly needed in a sport which many old
afficionados had termed "Boring" in recent years.

And Rock Racing's presence has been noticed. They have been invited to
the Driedaagse van West-Vlaanderen (Three Days of West Flanders) a 2.1
UCI ranked event early next month. This is probably due in no small
part to Ball's astute hiring of Cipollini, but Davey feels that good
things are in store for Rock Racing.

Hiring Cipollini was a stroke of Genius on the part of Mickey Ball and
it seems that Cipollini is more than happy with the alliance. Both
Ball and Cipo are in the Fashion business, and Cipo, due to having had
some bad accounting/legal advice, is in need of some fast MegaRoubles
to square the accounts with the BloodSucking Italian Revenuers.

If Davey were to gaze into his Crystal Ball he would hazard a guess
that Cipo's problems have been solved, perhaps by loan guarantees or
advance payments under the contract.

Whatever, Davey wishes both Cipo and Ball the best of luck.

--
Davey Crockett
-

Davey Crockett wrote:
> For all the hoopla about Rock Racing, Michael Ball is like a
> Breath of Spring which was badly needed in a sport which many old
> afficionados had termed "Boring" in recent years.

Some would say Ball is "Entertaining".

Bob Schwartz

Bob Schwartz a écrit profondement:

| Davey Crockett wrote:
| > For all the hoopla about Rock Racing, Michael Ball is like a
| > Breath of Spring which was badly needed in a sport which many old
| > afficionados had termed "Boring" in recent years.
|
| Some would say Ball is "Entertaining".

Bob, once you get into Professional cycling, you become an Entertainer

And Ball and Cipo are Entertainers par excellance

--
Davey Crockett
-
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg146/sylviastolz/kosovo-is-serbia.jpg

On Feb 22, 9:30 am, Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote:
> Bob Schwartz a écrit profondement:
>
> | Davey Crockett wrote:
>
> | > For all the hoopla about Rock Racing, Michael Ball is like a
> | > Breath of Spring which was badly needed in a sport which many old
> | > afficionados had termed "Boring" in recent years.
> |
> | Some would say Ball is "Entertaining".
> |

> Bob, once you get into Professional cycling, you become an Entertainer
>
> And Ball and Cipo are Entertainers par excellance

And they contrast each other well. Cipo has always seemed light
hearted (loan guarantees would help explain his current relaxed air)
and you automatically like him, Ball is a guy you don't mind
disliking. He is entertaining though. What's with the 'there is no
malice here' comments Ball keeps spouting? It makes me think there's
malice there.

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> Some would say Ball is "Entertaining".

Cycling fans must be stupid and contagious.

Donald Munro wrote:
> Cycling fans must be stupid and contagious.

Dumbass,

Of course.

Bob Schwartz

Davey Crockett wrote:
> Bob Schwartz a écrit profondement:
>
> | Davey Crockett wrote:
> | > For all the hoopla about Rock Racing, Michael Ball is like a
> | > Breath of Spring which was badly needed in a sport which many old
> | > afficionados had termed "Boring" in recent years.
> |
> | Some would say Ball is "Entertaining".
> |

> Bob, once you get into Professional cycling, you become an Entertainer
>
> And Ball and Cipo are Entertainers par excellance

Years ago I read one of Sam Abt's collections of his articles
from the IHT. One of the chapters was an interview with Eros
Poli, who spent much of his career as an amateur and a pro
giving lead outs to Cipo.

I quoting from memory here, but I think his response when Abt
asked about this was that he (Eros) was a good sprinter, who
could deliver a lot of top ten finishes. But he wasn't a great
sprinter, one that could win. And there was more money to be
made leading out a rider that consistently won than consistently
finishing in the top ten on his own.

On the whole freakin' team there is only one guy, Fred Rod, that
can find his ass with both hands with respect to lead outs in
races where the level of competition is higher than a race like
the ToC that fills out their field with teams that will spend
July in Milwaukee rather than France.

Cipo has always done his job in an exceptional fashion. But
his 41 year old legs on a team with no organized support in
sprints will lead to top ten finishes at best. Unless he spends
July in Milwaukee, then he'll win. As entertainment, we'll see
how long and how well that plays for him.

Not that it matters for either him or Ball I suppose. As you've
noted, he is effective for selling clothing, which ultimately
is the point.

Bob Schwartz

RicodJour a écrit profondement:

| > And Ball and Cipo are Entertainers par excellance
|
| And they contrast each other well. Cipo has always seemed light
| hearted (loan guarantees would help explain his current relaxed air)
| and you automatically like him, Ball is a guy you don't mind
| disliking. He is entertaining though. What's with the 'there is no
| malice here' comments Ball keeps spouting? It makes me think there's
| malice there.

The tax angle is tricky

Particularly so since Cipo is an Italian national and the Tax laws in
Italy are somewhat more complex than the average country.

The Anglophone countries, in fact most Common Law countries, are quite
simple in comparison and rely solely upon "Residence" (Note 1) as the
determining factor in whether taxes are exigible. Joint/Reciprocal Tax
Conventions/Treaties are (relatively) cut and dried there.

Domicile (Note 2) isn't really contemplated.

However, the Italians cooked up a "Domicilio Fiscale" or "Fiscal
Domicile" rule or status which Cipo walked Smack Bang into, which was
compounded by the fact that no substantial reciprocal
Convention/Treaty between Italy and Monaco exists since Monaco imposes
no Personal Income Tax. However in Italy if you are registered in your
Commune as "Residenza Anagrafica" they have you by the Short and
Curlies.

France has a somewhat similar setup, but does have a Joint
Treaty/Convention with Italy and Britain is somewhat more relaxed
still allowing the non-resident, even if a British Citizen, to visit
for less than 184 days per year without attracting tax, or an average
of 91 days per tax year over a four year period.

Cipo certainly had exceedingly poor advice, or as Davey is inclined to
think, blundered along on his lonesome hoping that he'd be OK since
Cipo hasn't been reported as instigating a damage action or
malpractice suit against any accountants or lawyers.

It would have been possible to achieve the Zero Tax Liability status
that Cipo thought he had, but it would have taken meticulous planning
and the professional fees would have been high.

But now he is faced with a big tax bill from the Italian Tax Leeches
and again, Davey feels that the burden could probably have been
lightened somewhat by negotiating with the Tax Authorities before they
issued the assessment notice, particularly the penalties and
interest impositions. It's not an uncommon practice, and Davey has
negotiated these down on several occasions. Again Cipo (presumably)
missed the boat.

But now he has to Ante Up. And Bankers, being Wankers, don't like
lending to miscreants who have incurred the Wrath of the Tax Gods and
find themselves unable to pay. So he has to find the Roubles
somewhere. And Davey thinks Mickey Ball might have turned up Trumps
here.

The skill will be in avoiding tax on any loan/gift/third party payment
that he gets to settle the liability. (The interest on unpaid taxes is
unconscionably high, presumably to teach the Wankerz a lesson)

But there are legal ways of doing this and hopefully Cipo will have
now availed himself of one after getting competent accounting and
legal advice.

Note (1) Residence; Where one resides at any particular moment in time
Note (2) Domicile: The place to which, when absent, one always intends
to return

[SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION: Should anyone need advice on related Tax
matters, Davey, although nominally retired for the last 20++ years,
still consults on International Taxation]

--
Davey Crockett
-
Driving a Stake through the
Heart of the Politically Correct
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg146/sylviastolz/freesylvia.jpg

"Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Davey Crockett wrote:
>> For all the hoopla about Rock Racing, Michael Ball is like a
>> Breath of Spring which was badly needed in a sport which many old
>> afficionados had termed "Boring" in recent years.

> Some would say Ball is "Entertaining".

Yes, but there's that think about shaking his hand and then immediately
feeling like you need a shower...

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

On Feb 22, 11:43 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > Some would say Ball is "Entertaining".

> Yes, but there's that think about shaking his hand and then immediately
> feeling like you need a shower...

Which his podium girls also elicit.

On Feb 22, 12:31 pm, RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 22, 11:43 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > > Some would say Ball is "Entertaining".

> > Yes, but there's that think about shaking his hand and then immediately
> > feeling like you need a shower...

> Which his podium girls also elicit.

Re:podium girls
The shower is supposed to be WITH, not after, isn't it?
ABS

On Feb 22, 3:52 am, RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:

> Damn the guy is consistent.  He's been so damn relaxed the whole race
> and he's always within spitting distance of the winner at sprint
> finishes.

In the post stage 2 interview that big Belguim kid Boonen stated
that it would be an honor to lose a sprint to Cipo.

On Feb 22, 3:31 pm, RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 22, 11:43 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > > Some would say Ball is "Entertaining".

> > Yes, but there's that think about shaking his hand and then immediately
> > feeling like you need a shower...

> Which his podium girls also elicit.

I get itchy just looking at them.