Cipo on Petacchi and McEwen

> I'd rather get beaten by Petacchi because he's a great athlete and a great
person.

Cool way of saying McEwen is an asshole.

"Ronald" wrote in message
> >Cipo: " I'd rather get beaten by Petacchi because he's a great athlete
and a great
> person."
>
> Cool way of saying McEwen is an asshole.

I'd rather he was beaten by McEwen. Cipo doesn't like how the Aussies don't give him his "godlike"
respect. They take HIS wheels without HIS permission. Go Baden Cook, Graham Brown et al. Mark Lee

"Mark Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Ronald" wrote in message
> > >Cipo: " I'd rather get beaten by Petacchi because he's a great athlete
> and a great
> > person."
> >
> > Cool way of saying McEwen is an asshole.
> >

> I'd rather he was beaten by McEwen. Cipo doesn't like how the Aussies don't give him his "godlike"
> respect. They take HIS wheels without HIS permission. Go Baden Cook, Graham Brown et al. Mark Lee

McEwen beats himself Dave

"Ronald" wrote in message
> >Cipo: " I'd rather get beaten by Petacchi because he's a great athlete
and a great
> person."
>
> Cool way of saying McEwen is an asshole.

I'd rather he was beaten by McEwen. Cipo doesn't like how the Aussies don't give him his "godlike"
respect. They take HIS wheels without HIS permission. Go Baden Cook, Graham Brown et al. Mark Lee

"Mark Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Ronald" wrote in message
> > >Cipo: " I'd rather get beaten by Petacchi because he's a great athlete
> and a great
> > person."
> >
> > Cool way of saying McEwen is an asshole.
> >

> I'd rather he was beaten by McEwen. Cipo doesn't like how the Aussies don't give him his "godlike"
> respect. They take HIS wheels without HIS permission. Go Baden Cook, Graham Brown et al. Mark Lee

Knucklehead, how many times you gonna post the same thing? It has nothing to do with Cipo thinking
he is "godlike." It is an unwritten courtesy in the pro peloton that you don't knock a sprinter off
he leadout mans wheel, if you want to break the train, do it farther up the line. McEwen and Brown
show no respect to the peloton as a whole when they act like buffaloes in a sprint. The best thing
that could happen is if they both took each other out. (which looks like it could happen given
todays shoving match for Cipo's wheel). Dave

Robert Chung wrote:
> From http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/may03/may09news2:
>
> "I think that my two major rivals in the sprints are going to be Petacchi and McEwen. I'm not
> really thinking of the possibility of getting beaten. But if I'm going to get beaten, I'd rather
> get beaten by Petacchi because he's a great athlete and a great person."

Tell it like it is, Cipo. Further proof of Robbie's character can be found in the Stage 2 finish.
Unfortunately, we will now be subjected to a day or two of sour grapes whining from McEwen.

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message >

> Knucklehead, how many times you gonna post the same thing? It has nothing
to do with Cipo thinking

I'll post it once. How many times "Bigpond" posts it (while Outlook says it's not being sent) before
I can delete it from the Outbox is another matter.

> he is "godlike." It is an unwritten courtesy in the pro peloton that you
don't knock a sprinter off
> he leadout mans wheel, if you want to break the train, do it farther up
the line. McEwen and Brown

So, McEwen has to wait his turn, does he, because Super Mario doesn't like anyone pushing in.

> show no respect to the peloton as a whole when they act like buffaloes in
a sprint. The best thing
> that could happen is if they both took each other out. (which looks like
it could happen given
> todays shoving match for Cipo's wheel).

They could take each other out - that's for sure - seems punchups follow Brown around. Wouldn't it
all be much more polite if the Aussies said "After you... no, after you" so the established Euros
like Cipo or Zabel with their huge trains could have it all to themselves. That would be fair!

Or how about (on another tack), McEwen agreeing with Armstrong for the TdF "I'll wait while you pee
if you'll wait while I crash." Get real! Mark Lee

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message >

> Knucklehead, how many times you gonna post the same thing? It has nothing
to do with Cipo thinking

I'll post it once. How many times "Bigpond" posts it (while Outlook says it's not being sent) before
I can delete it from the Outbox is another matter.

> he is "godlike." It is an unwritten courtesy in the pro peloton that you
don't knock a sprinter off
> he leadout mans wheel, if you want to break the train, do it farther up
the line. McEwen and Brown

So, McEwen has to wait his turn, does he, because Super Mario doesn't like anyone pushing in.

> show no respect to the peloton as a whole when they act like buffaloes in
a sprint. The best thing
> that could happen is if they both took each other out. (which looks like
it could happen given
> todays shoving match for Cipo's wheel).

They could take each other out - that's for sure - seems punchups follow Brown around. Wouldn't it
all be much more polite if the Aussies said "After you... no, after you" so the established Euros
like Cipo or Zabel with their huge trains could have it all to themselves. That would be fair!

Or how about (on another tack), McEwen agreeing with Armstrong for the TdF "I'll wait while you pee
if you'll wait while I crash." Get real! Mark Lee

"Mark Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
> >
> > Knucklehead, how many times you gonna post the same thing? It has nothing
> to do with Cipo thinking
>
> I'll post it once. How many times "Bigpond" posts it (while Outlook says it's not being sent)
> before I can delete it from the Outbox is another matter.
>
> > he is "godlike." It is an unwritten courtesy in the pro peloton that you
> don't knock a sprinter off
> > he leadout mans wheel, if you want to break the train, do it farther up
> the line. McEwen and Brown
>
> So, McEwen has to wait his turn, does he, because Super Mario doesn't like anyone pushing in.
>
> > show no respect to the peloton as a whole when they act like buffaloes in
> a sprint. The best thing
> > that could happen is if they both took each other out. (which looks like
> it could happen given
> > todays shoving match for Cipo's wheel).
>
> They could take each other out - that's for sure - seems punchups follow Brown around. Wouldn't it
> all be much more polite if the Aussies said "After you... no, after you" so the established Euros
> like Cipo or Zabel with their huge trains could have it all to themselves. That would be fair!
>
> Or how about (on another tack), McEwen agreeing with Armstrong for the TdF "I'll wait while you
> pee if you'll wait while I crash." Get real! Mark Lee

Please either get a real newsreader or learn how to use Outlook Express.

Deez

"Deeznuts" <[email protected]> wrote in message to me

> Please either get a real newsreader or learn how to use Outlook Express.

Aahh, the bravery and intelligence of anonymity. Firstly, it seems to be mainly an intermittent News
Server problem (Bigpond). Secondly, I said "Outlook" Mark Lee

On Mon, 12 May 2003 23:05:29 GMT, Mark Lee wrote:
>"Deeznuts" <[email protected]> wrote in message to me

>> Please either get a real newsreader or learn how to use Outlook Express.
>
>Aahh, the bravery and intelligence of anonymity.

He's a) right and b) not anonymous to many. His qualification of your reproductive talents, you get
for free. Not a bad guess given that you're hanging out in newsgroups about bicycle racing.

>Firstly, it seems to be mainly an intermittent News Server problem (Bigpond).

I'd say the chances of it being a serverside fault are 0.001%.

>Secondly, I said "Outlook"

Outlook doesn't do usenet newsgroups. Besides, you really are posting with Outlook Express, sir. And
even if you weren't his advice would have been valid.

ED.

Mark Lee <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Please either get a real newsreader or learn how to use Outlook Express.

> Aahh, the bravery and intelligence of anonymity. Firstly, it seems to be mainly an intermittent
> News Server problem (Bigpond). Secondly, I said "Outlook"

Dude,

Did McEwen learn the excuse-making habit from you?

I assume there are unwritten rules in the peleton not just to protect Signore Cipollini from
frustrated colonials, but because riding around safely in a bunch of 170 day after day requires
certain understandings, like not elbowing people off teammates' wheels.

"Benjamin Weiner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Dude,
>
> Did McEwen learn the excuse-making habit from you?
>
> I assume there are unwritten rules in the peleton not just to protect Signore Cipollini from
> frustrated colonials, but because riding around safely in a bunch of 170 day after day requires
> certain understandings, like not elbowing people off teammates' wheels.

I thought it was the "Imperials" (British) who were frustrated. All they have to do to lose is turn
up! Mark Lee

Mark Lee <[email protected]> wrote:

> I thought it was the "Imperials" (British) who were frustrated. All they have to do to lose is
> turn up!

Finally something that can unite Australians, Americans, and yes even the French - abusing the Poms!

But if it wasn't for them, who would provide rbr fodder by crashing out of time trials? Tyler has
been keeping the rubber side down lately.