Cipo pipped at the line....

I've seen that before: the guy thinks he has the race won 5m before the line, so stops sprinting,
while the guy in 2nd keeps going to the line... Oops. Bet that won't happen again any time soon!

I always wondered if there were some kind of "gentleman's agreement" about sprinting past the
"obvious winner." Guess not.

Mike

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in news:Xq5ea.3911$Bq6.3739@fed1read02:

> I've seen that before: the guy thinks he has the race won 5m before the line, so stops sprinting,
> while the guy in 2nd keeps going to the line... Oops. Bet that won't happen again any time soon!
>
> I always wondered if there were some kind of "gentleman's agreement" about sprinting past the
> "obvious winner." Guess not.
>
> Mike

That' what the line is there for... to make it clear who the 'obvious' winner is.

news:<[email protected]>...
> "Crystal" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > A rare mistake costs the Lion King a win at the final stage of T - A....
> >
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2003/mar03/tirreno03/stage7/2
> >
> > Crystal
> >
> > PS: I bet he wins Saturday...
>
> How many tifosi would have committed suicide if he had done that at Worlds?

Cipo is one of those guys who never blames anyone but himself. He's probably really steamed at
himself now and he'll ride like a real lion next sprint.

Tom Kunich <[email protected]> schreef in berichtnieuws
[email protected]...
> "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Crystal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > > A rare mistake costs the Lion King a win at the final stage of T -
A....

> > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2003/mar03/tirreno03/stage7/2
> > >
> > > Crystal
> > >
> > > PS: I bet he wins Saturday...
> >
> > How many tifosi would have committed suicide if he had done that at
Worlds?

> Cipo is one of those guys who never blames anyone but himself. He's probably really steamed at
> himself now and he'll ride like a real lion next sprint.

Not sure about that. He claims that he does not feel well and might not be in top form saturday.

In article <[email protected]>, "Jonathan v.d. Sluis"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Tom Kunich <[email protected]> schreef in berichtnieuws
> [email protected]...
>
> > Cipo is one of those guys who never blames anyone but himself. He's probably really steamed at
> > himself now and he'll ride like a real lion next sprint.
>
> Not sure about that. He claims that he does not feel well and might not be in top form saturday.

Wonder if Cipo is pulling a Museeuw?

"Oh ... I'm sick, I don't feel well." BOOM! Another race won ...

pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:27:57 GMT, Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
>> Not sure about that. He claims that he does not feel well and might =
not be
>> in top form saturday.
>
>Wonder if Cipo is pulling a Museeuw? "Oh ... I'm sick, I don't feel well." BOOM! Another
>race won ...

Don't we all do that? At least it's a running gag between me and my cycling buddies: "Easy ride
today, OK? I've not slept very well." etc.etc. and then lay it on them in the sprints.

Another one: check tire pressures and if anyone has softer tires than you, scold him for trying to
squeeze in some free extra training load. The *******.

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Wonder if Cipo is pulling a Museeuw?
>
> "Oh ... I'm sick, I don't feel well." BOOM! Another race won ...

But why would one man lie to another? I thought the gay community of

Roger.

Another one: check tire pressures and if anyone has softer tires than you, scold him for trying to
squeeze in some free extra training load. The *******.
---------

That will never happen here.

Carl Living in the land of the 130psi 700x20

> "Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> Another one: check tire pressures and if anyone has softer tires
than
> you, scold him for trying to squeeze in some free extra training
load.

> That will never happen here.

Man ain't that the truth. The last time my pressure was under 180 for a 23c I thought I was anchored
to the track.