Cipollini not in 2003 Tour!!!

freek

May 21, 2003
I guess everyone heard by now that mr. Leblanc decided to admit more french teams to the 2003 Tour, meaning Domina Vacanze and world champ Cipo (the Lion King!) will be having a longer vacanze.

Is this right? No, it isn't in my opinion! It's always sad to see chauvinism instead of love of the sport, regardless of nationality.
Let me know what you think!!

By the way, it lead to at least a couple of beautiful tv moments: Leblanc explaining his choice at the press conference (guilty looking?), and Cipo at the end of the stage in the giro saying that he'd like to be insulting but has to be diplomatic!
Anyway, yesterday in the very wet sprint at the end of that stage, a mr. Galvez clearly overestimated his helmsmanship and took Cipo out in an elegant slide, only seen before in speedskating. This morning I hear Cipo is out of the Giro. Sad!

i dont thinks its good, leblanc says Cipo will quit and not finish the tour. Well other Sprinters have a record of not finishing and they are in the tour and they are not the worlds best sprinter. It would make the first half of the tour more competitive in the sprint.