Cippo in Twilight?

Robert McMillen

Guest
Although technically it's against UCI rules to drop out of a
stage race to compete in another race, it can be done. If
Cippo decides not to race the stage up Hogpen and Brasstown
Bald, then he'd be 'free' to race Twilight that evening.

-r

"Robert McMillen" <[email protected]> writes:

> Although technically it's against UCI rules to drop out of
> a stage race to compete in another race, it can be done.
> If Cippo decides not to race the stage up Hogpen and
> Brasstown Bald, then he'd be 'free' to race Twilight that
> evening.
>
> -r

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought he would need the permission
of the organizers first.

Anybody?

--
le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site:
http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

Not that I'd make plans for it but that would be great fun.
Although most Europeans don't do as well in short crits like
that with the speed that the turns go by. Except perhaps for
Gagioli...

"Robert McMillen" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]...
> Although technically it's against UCI rules to drop out of
> a stage race to compete in another race, it can be done.
> If Cippo decides not to race the stage up Hogpen and
> Brasstown Bald, then he'd be 'free' to race Twilight that
> evening.
>
> -r

"Robert McMillen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Although technically it's against UCI rules to drop out of
> a stage race to compete in another race, it can be done.
> If Cippo decides not to race the stage up Hogpen and
> Brasstown Bald, then he'd be 'free' to race Twilight that
> evening.
>
> -r

I've never raced in it, but I've heard from some who have
that it's about the most dangerous crit course on the
planet. I can't see why Cipo would put the balance of his
season at risk to do a race that's probably only the most
minor of blips on his radar screen ... if it's there at all.

But I doubt seriously that he'll be riding Hogpen and
Brasstown. I wouldn't be surprised to see him trolling for
coeds in Athens.

Bob C.

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 22:22:14 -0400, "psycholist"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I've never raced in it, but I've heard from some who
>have that it's about the most dangerous crit course on
>the planet.

Who said that?

JT

If J. Dickson could get $$$ out of the deal he would allow
anything. It's all about money.

It is a very dangerous course when you have nearly 200
riders going for the sharp, downhill, off camber turn one. I
read somewhere that this year Dixon would limit it to 100
riders. That would be much safer.

Paul

"John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 22:22:14 -0400, "psycholist"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I've never raced in it, but I've heard from some who have
> >that it's about the most dangerous crit course on the
> >planet.
>
> Who said that?
>
> JT

psycholist <[email protected]> wrote:
> But I doubt seriously that he'll be riding Hogpen and
> Brasstown. I wouldn't be surprised to see him trolling for
> coeds in Athens.

Savannah. There is no beach in Athens.

Bob Schwartz [email protected]