Cippo quits cycling!

Vo2

Aug 11, 2001
Flamboyant Italian cyclist Mario Cipollini has announced that he is retiring from competition after his team failed to win an invitation to the Tour de France.

Click here

The French continually load up the TDF with 2nd class french teams to the exclusion of world class foreign teams. Sure its their race but come on! I hope Cippo reconsiders. The failure is more due to French arrogance than a lack of Italian cycling strength.

The French continually load up the TDF with 2nd class french teams to the exclusion of world class foreign teams. Sure its their race but come on! I hope Cippo reconsiders. The failure is more due to French arrogance than a lack of Italian cycling strength.

Yep thats true

Team coast and mercury are two teams that missed out last year that should have had a start.

From what I understand, TDF organizers wanted to bring back the Tour reputation and be very selective in the invitations, specially after what happened in the GIRO. Speaking for myself, I rather see second class rider running on mineral water than strong riders on EPO and so on.

I agree that it's a shame not to see Cipo. But we have the likes of Ewen, Grady, Baden, Zabel and so on.

I rather see second class rider running on mineral water  than strong riders on EPO and so on.

Does anyone know who it was that said "You can't win a TDF on mineral water" ? ;D

cheers

He's just P$#-off with the French...

In Procycling news...

"Cipo confirms retirement, but …
Mario Cipollini confirmed he would be retiring at the end of the current season at a press conference in Florence yesterday, but also admitted that he thought he would miss cycling and left the door open on his decision. ‘I’ll reconsider in two weeks,’ said this year’s winner of Milan-San Remo..."

http://www.procycling.com/tdfstart_news_main.asp?newsId=250

Vo2 said:
Flamboyant Italian cyclist Mario Cipollini has announced that he is retiring from competition after his team failed to win an invitation to the Tour de France.

Click here
Do you think Rock Racing will also sue ASO then?

TheDarkLord said:
Look at the date of the message you responded to!
I think he's aware of the date. He's the one who dug up the thread. And exposed to the world my avatar plagiarism.