Circulation Problems while Running

Hi,
I count myself as a pretty fit, active 34 year old and I've been
running between 25 and 30 miles a week for the past year or so. I've
noticed that on prolonged periods of hard running that the circulation
in my right arm and hand gets considerably worse. It gets to the point
where my hand gets so cold it goes numb and afterwards takes many hours
to return to normal.
My other arm and the rest of my body is fine.
Anyone had or heard of similar circulation problems that seem
concentrated to one area of the body?

Thanks for any help.
Jon

On 19 Dec 2005 10:37:25 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

>that the circulation
>in my right arm and hand gets considerably worse.

And it will, until the full coronary hits. Get your stuff in order,
your hours are numbered.

> I count myself as a pretty fit, active 34 year old and I've been
> running between 25 and 30 miles a week for the past year or so. I've
> noticed that on prolonged periods of hard running that the circulation
> in my right arm and hand gets considerably worse. It gets to the point
> where my hand gets so cold it goes numb and afterwards takes many hours
> to return to normal.

Just a thought, but it's possible that you may have some extra tension
in the right arm. Try relaxing and shaking out that arm once in a
while.

--
Phil M.

jon taylor wrote:
> on prolonged periods of hard running that the circulation in
> my right arm and hand gets considerably worse. It gets to the
> point where my hand gets so cold it goes numb and afterwards
> takes many hours to return to normal.
> My other arm and the rest of my body is fine.

I've had a bit of that recently.

At least for me, my hunch is that the biggest factor is that I "mouse"
with my right hand. Do you use a computer hours each day?

I'm thinking about trying a keyboard with built-in pointing device
(touchpad? not sure what's available these days), see if that has any
effect on my right arm.

On 19 Dec 2005 11:21:27 -0800, "Phil M." <[email protected]> wrote:

>Just a thought, but it's possible that you may have some extra tension
>in the right arm. Try relaxing and shaking out that arm once in a
>while.
>
>--
>Phil M.

Phil is correct, it's a common "over masturbation" injury in runners.
Just don't try "shaking it out" while you're holding your penis...

On 19 Dec 2005 11:21:46 -0800, "Charlie Pendejo" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I've had a bit of that recently.

Too much "poking his tiny monkee".

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
> I count myself as a pretty fit, active 34 year old and I've been
> running between 25 and 30 miles a week for the past year or so. I've
> noticed that on prolonged periods of hard running that the circulation
> in my right arm and hand gets considerably worse. It gets to the point
> where my hand gets so cold it goes numb and afterwards takes many hours
> to return to normal.
> My other arm and the rest of my body is fine.
> Anyone had or heard of similar circulation problems that seem
> concentrated to one area of the body?

I have had similar feelings, especially when the weather first turns
cool in fall and early winter. Mostly I feel this numbness in the 3rd and
4th fingers and the lower part of my forearms from the elbows down - I
attribute it to numbness of the ulnar nerve. Mittens don't help. However,
it's never painful or very persistent - after I stop running and warm my
body up it goes away.
I've figured it's related to some muscles in my arm or shoulder that
don't relax as much in the cold, and therefore pinch some sensation in my
arms. But I have no proof of that. Wearing a vest may help to keep those
muscles warm without much sweating.

Dave

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 15:21:47 -0500, "David Geesaman"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I have had similar feelings, especially when the weather first turns
>cool in fall and early winter. Mostly I feel this numbness in the 3rd and
>4th fingers and the lower part of my forearms from the elbows down - I
>attribute it to numbness of the ulnar nerve.

Go to a chiropractor, and STFU. Dumbass