CIrcumnavigating the globe

Scrubby

Guest
I've been wondering how one starts to plan a trip around the world. Are there any good sources that
specifically deal with information, routes, and the problems involved?

Thanks

"Scrubby" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> I've been wondering how one starts to plan a trip around the world. Are there any good sources
> that specifically deal with information, routes, and the problems involved?
>
> Thanks

Hello Scrubby,

A good place to start is Travel to the Horizon: www.raph.nl It contains over 700 links (validated
weekly!) with information on cycling in almost all countries in teh world.

CU!

Raph www.raph.nl

Scrubby wrote:

> I've been wondering how one starts to plan a trip around the world. Are there any good sources
> that specifically deal with information, routes, and the problems involved?

Have you read any books written by previous world circumcylclists?

(Ouch! That sounds painful.)

There's a lot to be gleaned from those.

Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO CycleTourist at http://www.CycleTourist.com attbi.com Tolerance is
recognizing that other people have different ideals and needs than you. Compromise is acting on
that knowledge.

Scrubby wrote:

> I've been wondering how one starts to plan a trip around the world. Are there any good sources
> that specifically deal with information, routes, and the problems involved?
>
> Thanks

I pinned up a map of the world, looked a possible routes, found some travel guides and once I
started just went with the flow.

Have you read any books yet?

Try "Miles from Nowhere" by Barbara Savage "Full Tilt: Dunkirk to Delhi by bicycle" by Dervla Murphy
(for that matter any of her books) , "Off the Map: Bicycling across Siberia" by Mark Jenkins.

Peter

Thanks for your replies... good to have somewhere to start.