Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Citibank MTB Commerical

Started by Ride-A-Lot · · Last activity · 48 posts · 1,929 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
22 November 2004
Last activity
13 December 2004
Original author
Ride-A-Lot
Posts
48
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,929
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 48
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "B. Rogers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "TJ" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Like many of my friends, I have a love/hate relationship with cars. Just
    the mention of people in their Gaudy SUV gets us [censored].
    TJ

    Sounds like penis envy


    Thats darn creative. Did it take you a long time to come up with that one.

    TJ

  2. "bri719" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    TJ said:

    Like many of my friends, I have a love/hate relationship with cars. Just
    the mention of people in their Gaudy SUV gets us [censored]. We would like
    to see a world less dependent on automobile transportation. I require a
    vehicle to do my job. I hate it. I ride my bike to the store often for a
    sense of redemption. Someone touched a nerve is all. Go with it.

    I actually walk to the grocery store half the time for groceries, call me
    old fashioned (a little easier to carry 10-20 lbs of food walking than
    balancing on my handlebars). besides it's only 2 blocks away.

    I love riding my bike for short trips....nice to give the truck a break
    anyway.

    oh yeah I ride to the trail about 90% of the time despite what many
    "environmentalists" claim.
    bri

    --

    * enjoying the karma *
    remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

    Look at my grocery getter. No need for putting stuff on the handle bars.
    http://www.fatboy.s5.com/photo.html Red bike halfway down.

    TJ

  3. BB <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    supabonbon said:

    Yeah, that new Toyota 'adrenalitis' (I think?) commercial, right. Guys
    tearing down a mountainside with a bunch of bikes in back? Urge to
    kill copywriters... rising....
    There's another one, 'truck bed abuse', where some model starts
    riffing on the 'for the cost of a cup of coffee' and 'won't you help'
    stuff from the sponsor-a-child commercials. I mean, even as crass and
    caustic as I am, is that funny? What's next, running over homeless
    families to highlight the suspension?

    The adrenalitis one was kind of dumb, but I thought the 'truck bed abuse'
    commercial was funny as hell. "For the price of three soy mocha-lattes a
    day"...!

    It sure beats the purely stupid commercials that are the trend these days.
    The guy riding with no bike being one, though the "I'll call you, and
    you'll call him, and he'll call her...ok, we're all set...oh wait, we
    don't have phones" one is just BEYOND dumb. If Americans feel the need to
    pretend to be offended by even tounge-in-cheek, THAT is what we'll be left
    with.

    Well, just goes to show, one man's bucket of [censored] is another man's lunch.

    /s ex-copywriter

  4. "TJ" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "B. Rogers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "TJ" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    >
    Like many of my friends, I have a love/hate relationship with cars.


    Just

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the mention of people in their Gaudy SUV gets us [censored].
    TJ

    Sounds like penis envy


    Thats darn creative. Did it take you a long time to come up with that


    one.

    Quoted message said:


    it's not original.

  5. mark said:


    "TJ" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "B. Rogers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "TJ" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > >
    > Like many of my friends, I have a love/hate relationship with cars..


    Just

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > the mention of people in their Gaudy SUV gets us [censored].
    > TJ
    >

    Sounds like penis envy


    Thats darn creative. Did it take you a long time to come up with that


    one.

    Quoted message said:


    it's not original.

    You must be a foreigner.
    --
    Slacker

  6. "Slacker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:opshx7l5x5m83lxu@slacker...

    mark said:


    "TJ" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "B. Rogers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "TJ" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > >
    > Like many of my friends, I have a love/hate relationship with cars.


    Just

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > the mention of people in their Gaudy SUV gets us [censored].
    > TJ
    >

    Sounds like penis envy


    Thats darn creative. Did it take you a long time to come up with that


    one.

    Quoted message said:


    it's not original.

    You must be a foreigner.
    --

    yes, i'm fum south of th' mason dixon, in one of them 'red' states.

    now, eff'n yo' disable 'quoted-printable' in yer noos reader, i kin respond
    t'yo' right like.

  7. FOOTBALL like other silly sports. Try some X
    sports where the real dream is.

    I MTB 2004

  8. Red state must be North Carolinia. You dame Tarheel
    Hushpuppy lover.

    I MTB 2004

  9. Quoted message said:

    Red state must be North Carolinia. You dame
    Tarheel Hushpuppy lover.

    Happy freaking Thanksgiving, Crazy!

    Long-ago Terp (and had a pair of Hushpuppies in 19...68? 69?),
    --
    BS (no, really)

  10. "B i l l S o r n s o n" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    (and had a pair of Hushpuppies in 19...68? 69?),
    --
    BS (no, really)

    Had a pair of wives too

  11. "B. Rogers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Had a pair of wives.


    utah?

  12. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    FOOTBALL like other silly sports......


    talk like that would get you strung up down here.

  13. "B. Rogers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "B i l l S o r n s o n" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    (and had a pair of Hushpuppies in 19...68? 69?),
    --
    BS (no, really)

    Had a pair of wives too

    Good for him. Means he can get more than one woman, unlike yourself.

  14. R White says:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Had a pair of wives too

    Good for him. Means he can get more than one woman, unlike yourself.

    It's not often I like what you write, but that was good ;-)

  15. R.White said:

    "B. Rogers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "B i l l S o r n s o n" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    (and had a pair of Hushpuppies in 19...68? 69?),
    --
    BS (no, really)

    Had a pair of wives too

    Good for him. Means he can get more than one woman, unlike yourself.

    Bob prefers under-age boys I've heard.

    Unfortunately more than one...
    --
    BS (no, really)

  16. Ride-A-Lot <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Did anyone catch it during football yesterday?

    Funny how the dewbies were on huck-fu bikes and Citibank "gives away"
    trek garbage. It was almost as lame as all of the other commercials
    out there.

    JD not watching football

  17. [email hidden] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    R White says:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Had a pair of wives too

    Good for him. Means he can get more than one woman, unlike yourself.

    It's not often I like what you write, but that was good ;-)

    That's because I don't often write anymore.

  18. "R.White" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "B. Rogers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "B i l l S o r n s o n" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    (and had a pair of Hushpuppies in 19...68? 69?),
    --
    BS (no, really)

    Had a pair of wives too

    Good for him. Means he can get more than one woman, unlike yourself.

    BBWWWAAHHAA

    goat boy

  19. "Stephen Baker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    R White says:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Had a pair of wives too

    Good for him. Means he can get more than one woman, unlike yourself.

    It's not often I like what you write, but that was good ;-)

    Simple minds are easily amused

  20. "R.White" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    That's because I don't often think anymore.

    TRUTH!!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.