Citrus Ripening Question

Richard'S ~Ja~

Guest
Can someone please tell me when I should know it's the right time to pick a "pink grapefruit" from
the tree? I have one wee tree that took nine years to even produce it's two fruits, and I have no
idea when they should be picked. There really are only the two of "them" hanging there, and today
when I checked them with a little tug, they would not budge.

Picky ~JA~

"Richard's ~JA~" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can someone please tell me when I should know it's the right time to pick a "pink grapefruit" from
> the tree? I have one wee tree that took nine years to even produce it's two fruits, and I have no
> idea when they should be picked. There really are only the two of "them" hanging there, and today
> when I checked them with a little tug, they would not budge.
>
> Picky ~JA~

Mind you, I have no experience with grapefruit, but I do have an orange tree and 2 meyer lemon
trees. When they seem to have grown to full-ish size, I start checking them every other day at
first, then every day. When they disconnect themselves with just a flick of the wrist, I pick them.
Works for me!

kimberly