Citrus Ripening Question

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Richard'S ~Ja~, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Can someone please tell me when I should know it's the right time to pick a "pink grapefruit" from
    the tree? I have one wee tree that took nine years to even produce it's two fruits, and I have no
    idea when they should be picked. There really are only the two of "them" hanging there, and today
    when I checked them with a little tug, they would not budge.

    Picky ~JA~

    Tags:

  2. Nexis

    Nexis Guest

    "Richard's ~JA~" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can someone please tell me when I should know it's the right time to pick a "pink grapefruit" from
    > the tree? I have one wee tree that took nine years to even produce it's two fruits, and I have no
    > idea when they should be picked. There really are only the two of "them" hanging there, and today
    > when I checked them with a little tug, they would not budge.
    >
    > Picky ~JA~

    Mind you, I have no experience with grapefruit, but I do have an orange tree and 2 meyer lemon
    trees. When they seem to have grown to full-ish size, I start checking them every other day at
    first, then every day. When they disconnect themselves with just a flick of the wrist, I pick them.
    Works for me!

    kimberly