Civil Unrest in France, What Gives?

Billsworld said:
Do you own anything from Microsoft??:D
are we talking 'own' in the conventional sense or 'own' as in the abstract cuckoo-brain of Lufty? if it is the latter then i own sweet FA.

nah, i dont own anything from Micro$oft, at least not legally. All my copies of Windoes XP and Office XP etc come from Hong Kong, the best place for cheap software. I got it froma market vendor called Ching. When i went to return the disk the next day, i couldnt find him, his stall wasnt there....perhaps he had the cold and took the day off, yes thats prolly it..

they also do a great line in Tommy Hilfiger clothes, more 'American' merchandise that i dont own. 3 tshirts for less than a dollar, now thats a bargain.

davidmc said:
So, you believe spending $300,000,000 of taxpayer money to prove that a man is a hetrosexual is money well spent :confused: If you do, you are not a conservative. Besides, after all of the incriminations, all they could come up w/ is that Pres. Clinton has a better sex life than 98% of conservative politicians. Thanks ;)
That wasn't the focus at all .... What they came up with is a an indictment for impeachment for lying .........
His sex scandal with Monica was just a drop in the bucket for the Clintons as far as scandals go ...... He was impeached for lying, not having sex.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Question that an admission of making false statements to government officials...
is an impeachable offense."
-- Bill Clinton, Arkansas Gazette,
August 8, 1974, page 7-A.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clinton was the 1st President convicted of a crime while in office.... Privacy Act.....

"[The President] will serve absolutely no purpose in finishing out his term; the only possible solution is for the president to save some dignity and resign."
-- W.J. Clinton, 1974
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you remember the China situation where Bill sold out the White House to the Chinese for contributions?

And Whitewater ...........

As far as Bill Clinton having a better sex life ???? Look at his wife...she does not seem to me as a "great sexlife wife." Plus , as a president Bill should have done better then Monica...... Or Paula Jones.....

But the best thing to say about the Clinton presidency is that Gore distanced himself from Clinton and so did Kerry .......
Democrats do not want him around..... I think it was the Howard Dean campaign who told him to stay away...
But the really interesting thing is that Hilary always popped up in the middle of the scandals....

His enviromental record in Little Rock was horrible. Look at who he sold out to for contributions ...... He sold the enviroment out for money.

Anyone who thinks Clintons legacy shame was all about sex was reading tabloids and watching ET....

Whatever your opinion about Clinton - and I reckon he did a very good job -
America is in a far worse state today that it ever was during the Clinton era.

wolfix said:
As far as Bill Clinton having a better sex life ???? Look at his wife...she does not seem to me as a "great sexlife wife."

I dunno, Hillary might well be a goer. Bill had a Heart attack didn't he recently ? Classic symptom of rumpy-pumpy in a rich and powerful man.

As for the quotes : That tells you everything you need to know about a politician.

Bush Snr ain't any different (remember "No New Taxes" ?), and you're spoilt for choice with Jnr... All that blather about responsible fiscal policy and he goes and blows a fortune on a *very expensive* war that he chose to wage, rather than one he *had* to fight.

Come to think of it, can you think of a politician that you would trust to make wise and selfless decisions ? I am struggling, so far all I've come up with are a couple of contemporary politicians that I might just about trust as far as I could throw them with both arms tied behind my back. One being Wedgie Benn, and the other possibility being Ken Clarke (although I figure he could be subverted with a decent brandy).

Those choices sound weird on reflection and I really can't justify them in anyway... Politics is a tricky business for an Anarchist like me.

davidmc said:
absolutely :eek: incidentally, nice avatar touch-up ;)

Thanks,BTW I have aq great concept as a spoof on your avatar and separation of church and state.
If you would like to see it I will post it , with no offense intended of course.

MountainPro said:
are we talking 'own' in the conventional sense or 'own' as in the abstract cuckoo-brain of Lufty? if it is the latter then i own sweet FA.

nah, i dont own anything from Micro$oft, at least not legally. All my copies of Windoes XP and Office XP etc come from Hong Kong, the best place for cheap software. I got it froma market vendor called Ching. When i went to return the disk the next day, i couldnt find him, his stall wasnt there....perhaps he had the cold and took the day off, yes thats prolly it..

they also do a great line in Tommy Hilfiger clothes, more 'American' merchandise that i dont own. 3 tshirts for less than a dollar, now thats a bargain.
Ford basicly saved Jaguar. There are plenty of good clothes, food ,information tecnology. US companies millions pattens and create new ones hourly. I would guess US companies have more of an inmpact on your daily life than you would know at a glance. As long as the euros are sitiing here in a circle jerk bashing US products, why am I seeing some many Brits and Irish over here loking for jobs and working for me?:) If you own a company the software should be registered . If not .....thats up to you. I buy my stuff

oh yes, Ford did save Jaguar and in doing so also killed it. Jaguar is American owned and no longer has the seal of quality that one has come to expect from luxury British cars. Sure, they are still manufactured here but a lot of the design is done stateside and you can tell, theyre hideous except for the XKR.

Looking around i know i use American products every day and i have no intention of boycotting them so dont get too serious. Also another tip, if someone was using hookey software and then blabbed about it on the internet, chances are they are joking. I own two copies of XP one i got with my IBM laptop and the other i use under licence from my work who have a MS licence for employee use at home.

btw, your an American emplloyer who hires foriegn staff...? what line of business are you in? (i am serious)

Billsworld said:
Ford basicly saved Jaguar. There are plenty of good clothes, food ,information tecnology. US companies millions pattens and create new ones hourly. I would guess US companies have more of an inmpact on your daily life than you would know at a glance. As long as the euros are sitiing here in a circle jerk bashing US products, why am I seeing some many Brits and Irish over here loking for jobs and working for me?:) If you own a company the software should be registered . If not .....thats up to you. I buy my stuff

Billsworld said:

could you send them back here - we need people to work here.
We have full employment and can't get enough workers.

I buy all my software from a guy who gets it for me cheap too.
Cheaper than the OEM !

MountainPro said:
oh yes, Ford did save Jaguar and in doing so also killed it. Jaguar is American owned and no longer has the seal of quality that one has come to expect from luxury British cars. Sure, they are still manufactured here but a lot of the design is done stateside and you can tell, theyre hideous except for the XKR.

Looking around i know i use American products every day and i have no intention of boycotting them so dont get too serious. Also another tip, if someone was using hookey software and then blabbed about it on the internet, chances are they are joking. I own two copies of XP one i got with my IBM laptop and the other i use under licence from my work who have a MS licence for employee use at home.

btw, your an American emplloyer who hires foriegn staff...? what line of business are you in? (i am serious)
I am never too serious about things I say here. Never angry. I am I the Wholesale lumber biz. The entire staff is Cape Verdian. Its low wage mfg. We have a bout 5-6 guys that make a nice living. The rest are on work visa. They come and they go. The construction Company Builds in the city...condos. Almost all of our subs. Plumbers , electricians, carpenters etc.. are Irish. Good guys, good workers. This site is playtime for me , I am usually goofing around .:) See all smiles

Jag being bought over by Ford is like IBM being sold to Lenovo (Chinese)...those great manufacturers once associated with bastionship of Britian/America being sold off for scrap to the rivals...

no opening for electronics engineers, instrumentation technicians or debug techs?

Billsworld said:
I am never too serious about things I say here. Never angry. I am I the Wholesale lumber biz. The entire staff is Cape Verdian. Its low wage mfg. We have a bout 5-6 guys that make a nice living. The rest are on work visa. They come and they go. The construction Company Builds in the city...condos. Almost all of our subs. Plumbers , electricians, carpenters etc.. are Irish. Good guys, good workers. This site is playtime for me , I am usually goofing around .:) See all smiles

MountainPro said:
no opening for electronics engineers, instrumentation technicians or debug techs?
No. Wheres my pneumatic sauce dispenser? Don't offer him a job he's useless.

MountainPro said:
Jag being bought over by Ford is like IBM being sold to Lenovo (Chinese)...those great manufacturers once associated with bastionship of Britian/America being sold off for scrap to the rivals...

Other than some great styling , Jags were expensive to fix, and needed lots if fixing. I see lots of them on the road here now. Well at least more than before. My wife wants one. I dont know if she will still want one when she finds out its a Ford. Seriously Ford has an unwarranted bad rep with the brits. The cars in the US are a good value in my opinion. I drive a deisel f350. , They probably dont sell that there.? This thread has really changed direction

yes, Ford do sell thier f series ultility trucks here, the most popular being the f150. (this is what you are talkign about right?). They are pretty big by British standards but as far as i know Ford or Dodge havent released the superduty 6 wheelers here...

i have seen some Dodge Rams here, if i had the money i would buy one....okay its a dirty big SUV, sue me.

Jags have never been my taste, if i had the money i would have to go for Aston Martin. The CEO was interviewed in Top Gear magazine and was asked my the hell AMs are priced way past thier competition. He replied that every Aston Marin is hand built to order, if we started selling them for £40K no one would buy them thats why the range starts at £90k. The customer knows he is getting a superior product and doesnt mind paying for it,

thats understandable.

Billsworld said:
Other than some great styling , Jags were expensive to fix, and needed lots if fixing. I see lots of them on the road here now. Well at least more than before. My wife wants one. I dont know if she will still want one when she finds out its a Ford. Seriously Ford has an unwarranted bad rep with the brits. The cars in the US are a good value in my opinion. I drive a deisel f350. , They probably dont sell that there.? This thread has really changed direction

MountainPro said:
yes, Ford do sell thier f series ultility trucks here, the most popular being the f150. (this is what you are talkign about right?). They are pretty big by British standards but as far as i know Ford or Dodge havent released the superduty 6 wheelers here...

i have seen some Dodge Rams here, if i had the money i would buy one....okay its a dirty big SUV, sue me.

Jags have never been my taste, if i had the money i would have to go for Aston Martin. The CEO was interviewed in Top Gear magazine and was asked my the hell AMs are priced way past thier competition. He replied that every Aston Marin is hand built to order, if we started selling them for £40K no one would buy them thats why the range starts at £90k. The customer knows he is getting a superior product and doesnt mind paying for it,

thats understandable.
I have the 350, and have had the 150 and a couple of 250s. Around here we have snow to move, and I need it for work. I have a supercharged Cobra and the Lightning too....now you can sue me. The Cobra is really just a race car, but the lightning will eat an M3 on the street. Aston Martin, my god what a car. Hard to say anything bad about that car...ok the price...someday maybe. I dont like Jag either, but the old xke was so nice. We have to top gear show here. One of the 4-5 shows I will bother to watch. I built one of the ac cobra replica cars a few years ago, but I had to sell it to build my house. Barbaric car by todays standards.Loud ,smelly and no power steering, brakes or stereo. 0-60mph in 4 secs though:eek:

FredC said:
No. Wheres my pneumatic sauce dispenser? Don't offer him a job he's useless.
still at the design stage, i have the sauce, just working on the dispenser. At least i am half way there.

MountainPro said:
cryptic?...

whats cryptic about Freds sauce dispenser?
IMO, MP is a charlatan electronics engineer, who finds all reality mythical.

MountainPro said:
still at the design stage, i have the sauce, just working on the dispenser. At least i am half way there.
No you're not.The containers hold 2 gallons of sauce pressurised by inert nitrogen and a solenoid flow valve. I thought that you wanted to make some money you SC. You don't have to make and market them. Next please. Thixotropics can be eliminated quite easily these days by colloidial additives and emulsifiers. Get on with it ********.