Civil Unrest in France, What Gives?

MountainPro said:
yes, Ford do sell thier f series ultility trucks here, the most popular being the f150. (this is what you are talkign about right?). They are pretty big by British standards but as far as i know Ford or Dodge havent released the superduty 6 wheelers here...

i have seen some Dodge Rams here, if i had the money i would buy one....okay its a dirty big SUV, sue me.

Jags have never been my taste, if i had the money i would have to go for Aston Martin. The CEO was interviewed in Top Gear magazine and was asked my the hell AMs are priced way past thier competition. He replied that every Aston Marin is hand built to order, if we started selling them for £40K no one would buy them thats why the range starts at £90k. The customer knows he is getting a superior product and doesnt mind paying for it,

thats understandable.
Saw two Jaguar commercials tonight. Must be a christmas/holidays advertising blitz :confused: For what its worth, they seemed 2 b aimed at wealthy, white, women.

wolfix said:
And not show Clinton's involvment in the war in Iraq would be irresponsible. Hilary still has not spoken out very loud as to her "justification" of the war. lately, she has spoken about how the war is being handled..... That is her way of testing the waters of the Presidency of 2008... The war will be a critical voting topic.......
Her husbands handling of Iraq {And Bin Laden} is why the Democrats of Clinton's presidency are quiet at this time.....

they are also attempting to salvage whatever reputation they had prior to hitching their wagons to man who did nothing for eight years but fight off political death from self-inflicted wounds and campaign for re-election

Richard Clarke, presently making the rounds claiming Bush dropped the ball, was singing a different tune when he was in the Clinton Administration. "What's it going to take to get them {Clinton and staff} to hit al Qaeda in Afghanistan? Does al Qaeda have to attack the Pentagon?" Clarke's advice to Clinton to take immediate action against bin Laden was completely ignored. Now, he blames President Bush.

The Clinton people are going to say that there is no connection between Iraq and al Qaeda. This is interesting since documents and intelligence used to bomb the al Shifa plant in Sudan in 1998 were based on that very information. Osama bin Laden had invested money in the Sudan factory and it was believed that a chemical compound called EMPTA, whose only function is to make VX nerve gas, was being made there. Several telephone calls between that plant and Baghdad were also intercepted.

Clinton's expert on Iraq, Laurie Mylroie, has been saying for years that there is no doubt that Saddam and bin Laden worked hand in hand and that Saddam was involved in several attacks on the U.S. including the first WTC bombing in 1993 and 9/11 via money and training camps in Iraq. It is unlikely that the Democrats on the committee will want her to testify since Clinton spent eight years ignoring her.

The Clinton Administration knew, in 1995, that al Qaeda planned to high-jack airliners and use them as missiles against strategic American targets on American soil. It was all laid out, step by step on Yousef's computer. Trained pilots were all that was needed. The people due to testify for the Clinton Administration this week did nothing with this information — absolutely nothing.

The CIA warned Clinton in 1996 that it had uncovered a branch of al Qaeda called "The Martyrdom Battalion." These terrorists planned to hijack planes and use them as missiles against American targets. Was this information ever related to the proper congressional committees? Could this explain congressional anger after the 9/11 attack that it was so ill-informed about this threat?

Before Clinton gets kudo's from everyone , all we need to do is remember back to his Presidency ..... And the majority of the nightly news was that of corruption and cover-up ......
I saw the former head of the CIA's Counter Terrorism outfit (Vince Cannistro (?)) on tv 2 nights ago.He said that saddam and al qaeda were not connected.He also commented on the supposed soviet arms buildup in the 1970's and said that the CIA tried to explain to casey and reagan the book they had read on terrorism and on which they were basing their decisions,was CIA disinformation and not true.They chose to ignore him.

wolfix said:
That wasn't the focus at all .... What they came up with is a an indictment for impeachment for lying .........
His sex scandal with Monica was just a drop in the bucket for the Clintons as far as scandals go ...... He was impeached for lying, not having sex.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Question that an admission of making false statements to government officials...
is an impeachable offense."
-- Bill Clinton, Arkansas Gazette,
August 8, 1974, page 7-A.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clinton was the 1st President convicted of a crime while in office.... Privacy Act.....

"[The President] will serve absolutely no purpose in finishing out his term; the only possible solution is for the president to save some dignity and resign."
-- W.J. Clinton, 1974
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you remember the China situation where Bill sold out the White House to the Chinese for contributions?

And Whitewater ...........

As far as Bill Clinton having a better sex life ???? Look at his wife...she does not seem to me as a "great sexlife wife." Plus , as a president Bill should have done better then Monica...... Or Paula Jones.....

But the best thing to say about the Clinton presidency is that Gore distanced himself from Clinton and so did Kerry .......
Democrats do not want him around..... I think it was the Howard Dean campaign who told him to stay away...
But the really interesting thing is that Hilary always popped up in the middle of the scandals....

His enviromental record in Little Rock was horrible. Look at who he sold out to for contributions ...... He sold the enviroment out for money.

Anyone who thinks Clintons legacy shame was all about sex was reading tabloids and watching ET....
To be consistent dubya should now be impeached for lying about the non-existent WMD's.
:D

stevebaby said:
To be consistent dubya should now be impeached for lying about the non-existent WMD's.
:D

More to the point is that he should actually be barred from speaking on issues under investigation in "private" or public unless he is under oath. That will achieve two good things :

1) He will be instructed to talk less.
2) Every time he opens his mouth he will commit perjury.

I watched that New Orleans emergency response press conference in that hanger with "Brownie" looking like a lost Womble. Long dragging minute after long dragging minute of Bush's vacuous train wreck of disconnected thoughts and platitudes... Meanwhile people who wanted to get on with their job were being held up from their work.

MountainPro said:
Jag being bought over by Ford is like IBM being sold to Lenovo (Chinese)...those great manufacturers once associated with bastionship of Britian/America being sold off for scrap to the rivals...

no opening for electronics engineers, instrumentation technicians or debug techs?
My wife is suggesting that you find a dumb American to marry. Its the easiest way.:D You might check out Monster.com for job listings too.Last thought is we Americans stand in awe when one of you Bits and Aussies speak(We cant tell the difference). Look at the mess I got myself into. My wife is as dumb as a box of rocks and it took me a year to figure it out. .You could say just about anything, and we would believe it. Tech sales can make lots of money.

the white wealthy women here drive BMW M3 and M5s and SAABs or some of the larger Audis.

powerful cars make them feel powerful.

davidmc said:
Saw two Jaguar commercials tonight. Must be a christmas/holidays advertising blitz :confused: For what its worth, they seemed 2 b aimed at wealthy, white, women.

Tech Sales eh? Thats a new direction for me. As long as there is plenty of foreign travel, a car, house, pool and 50 weeks paid holdays per year. Oh, and some stocks and shares.

I'll start at Frys electronics (or is that electricals) and work my way up. Soon i'll be selling uranium tipped missiles to the Columbians...:D

Billsworld said:
My wife is suggesting that you find a dumb American to marry. Its the easiest way.:D You might check out Monster.com for job listings too.Last thought is we Americans stand in awe when one of you Bits and Aussies speak(We cant tell the difference). Look at the mess I got myself into. My wife is as dumb as a box of rocks and it took me a year to figure it out. .You could say just about anything, and we would believe it. Tech sales can make lots of money.

davidmc said:

That's how I aim my car. At wealthy white women.

MountainPro said:
good one huskey, cant believe i missed that...:D

You are just a little slower these days due to "new bike fever". It will pass.

jhuskey said:
That's how I aim my car. At wealthy white women.
I think the low range jag is not that expensive. I think I saw a black lady driving one the other day with a little old Jewish guy sitting next to her

Billsworld said:
I think the low range jag is not that expensive. I think I saw a black lady driving one the other day with a little old Jewish guy sitting next to her
Sugar Daddy springs to mind.

Billsworld said:
Carefull you might offend some of our more "sensative viewers":eek:

You guys are thinking Hasidic diamond merchant,I am thinking pimp that wear a lot of jewelery and a big hat.

Billsworld said:
I built one of the ac cobra replica cars a few years ago, but I had to sell it to build my house. Barbaric car by todays standards.Loud ,smelly and no power steering, brakes or stereo. 0-60mph in 4 secs though:eek:
AC cobra, now there is a cassic British car. I bet yours had a big Shelby/Ford V8 engine or did you go for the replica of the original British Cobra engine?

There is a guy that lives not too far away who is a classic car collector, he owns a American Shelby Cobra V8. Youre right, the sound out of that thing is brutal.

http://forddesktops.com/image.asp?f=non-ford&i=AC_Cobra_02.jpg

I like a few American classics, my fave being the Ford GT40 '67 Le Mans racer and the '69 Dodge Charger.

The new Ford GT '05 is on my hitlist of most wanted cars. I have been a fan of the GT40 since a child, now they have re-launched it in a full strength street version. I want one.

http://forddesktops.com/show.asp?f=gt&i=Ford_GT_Modified_01.jpg

MountainPro said:
AC cobra, now there is a cassic British car. I bet yours had a big Shelby/Ford V8 engine or did you go for the replica of the original British Cobra engine?

The Ace, Aceca and Greyhound (a lovely thing in it's own right)
used British engines. I think they ended up using Bristol engines
for that line. You used to be able to get Aces, Acecas and
Greyhounds for reasonable money too.

Cobras were in fact Aces with American engines. Ford 260, then
289 and finally 427. I think that Shelby did the R&D work for the
427 version, and that AC did all the fabrication. That was no mean
feat either, the original AC Chassis had a --ing transverse leaf
spring at the front for example...

MountainPro said:

There is a guy that lives not too far away who is a classic car collector, he owns a American Shelby Cobra V8. Youre right, the sound out of that thing is brutal.

http://forddesktops.com/image.asp?f=non-ford&i=AC_Cobra_02.jpg

I like a few American classics, my fave being the Ford GT40 '67 Le Mans racer and the '69 Dodge Charger.

The new Ford GT '05 is on my hitlist of most wanted cars. I have been a fan of the GT40 since a child, now they have re-launched it in a full strength street version. I want one.

http://forddesktops.com/show.asp?f=gt&i=Ford_GT_Modified_01.jpg
You boys know your Cobras.Your 67 lemans fantasy car is worth about a million $$. I sat in the new Gt40 the other day. I liked it but they are asking 250,000 US.....If I had That money for a car I would go for an Italian monster. My Cobra "Replica" I made retro. 17" rims Hoosier race slicks, big brakes etc... I used a 351 windsor with lots of goodies. As it was, I had to **** the engine and have my girlfriend change 2 of the spark plugs. Made about 425 hp at the crankshft. Had a 5 speed and weighed a little over 2000 lbs I had about 30.000 Us into it. I didnt mind beating the living **** out of it. If it were real I couldnt do that. The AC Company was still making some version of that car untill recently. I think they were using the ford 302. Superperformance in South Africa is making a nice car , delivered w/out motor around 35000 US

Billsworld said:
I sat in the new Gt40 the other day. I liked it but they are asking 250,000 US.....If I had That money for a car I would go for an Italian monster.

*IF* I was going to spend stupid sums of money on Italian cars for posing I would probably go for a Lamborghini Miura. Maybe 10 years ago I would have even done just that, but these days I would rather sink that kind of money into a decent house and a business that can be run from the home and lets me take 2 months off at a time for some touring. :)

darkboong said:
*IF* I was going to spend stupid sums of money on Italian cars for posing I would probably go for a Lamborghini Miura. Maybe 10 years ago I would have even done just that, but these days I would rather sink that kind of money into a decent house and a business that can be run from the home and lets me take 2 months off at a time for some touring. :)
I agree. IT is unfortunate that most of the people that can afford those cars are fat middle aged guys that cant drive. :D