Clampdown on pavement cycling.

"half_pint" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> But why are these bile lanes shown on roundabouts when they
> are 'death traps'.

Cos Highway Engineers know jack **** about cycling -- they are mostly
petrolheaded tossers -- mostly they just want to get their 'cycling
facilities provided' numbers up.

"David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >>That is why you should read 'Cyclecraft'. You wouldn't get into that
> >>situation. If you go round the outside all your body language and road
> >>positioning indicates you are going off at the next junction. Ignore the
> >>bike lane, read the HC on roundabouts and follow that positioning (pick
> >>the correct lane for the exit and be in teh middle of it)
> >>

> > But why are these bile lanes shown on roundabouts when they
> > are 'death traps'.

> They were put in by well intentioned but ill informed transport planners
> and should be ignored.
> Your question is valid and should be addressed to the relevant transport
> department.

I have emailed the following to the highways agency and I will post any
reply.

"Why are there some red 'cycle lanes' painted
on the outside of some roundabouts.

Anyone cycling in one is unlilkely to be seen by motorists, and hence
killed.

Regards."