Clarification on 10s Ergos with Shimano 8 rder/cassette

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by D'ohBoy, Dec 5, 2005.

  1. D'ohBoy

    D'ohBoy Guest

    Good morning!

    Sorry if I missed the obvious in the "Crashterium" thread and Hubbub
    link, but here goes:

    If I run Shimano 8 cassette/der with my Ergos, do I need to route the
    der cable via the "Hubbub" methodology or straight up?

    Any other considerations?

    Thanks,

    D'ohBoy
     
    Tags:


  2. damyth

    damyth Guest

    D'ohBoy wrote:
    > Good morning!
    >
    > Sorry if I missed the obvious in the "Crashterium" thread and Hubbub
    > link, but here goes:
    >
    > If I run Shimano 8 cassette/der with my Ergos, do I need to route the
    > der cable via the "Hubbub" methodology or straight up?
    >
    > Any other considerations?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > D'ohBoy


    It's all detailed here:
    http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=3946
     
  3. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    On 5 Dec 2005 08:15:32 -0800, "D'ohBoy" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >If I run Shimano 8 cassette/der with my Ergos, do I need to route the
    >der cable via the "Hubbub" methodology or straight up?


    You don't need any adapter. You attach the rear derailleur cable to
    the rear derailleur exactly as if if were coming from a Shimano
    shifter, on the underside of the attachment bolt.
     
  4. D'ohBoy

    D'ohBoy Guest

    <snippage of PK's clarification>

    It never seemed to be explicitly stated but after re-reading the
    'hubbub' article, the chart showing the Shimano rear mech with Shimano
    shifters, Campy shifters, and with hubbub mod implicitly pointed me
    that way (after some examination).

    Thanks for the clarification/confirmation, Paul.

    D'ohBoy
     
  5. D'ohBoy wrote:
    > Good morning!
    >
    > Sorry if I missed the obvious in the "Crashterium" thread and Hubbub
    > link, but here goes:
    >
    > If I run Shimano 8 cassette/der with my Ergos, do I need to route the
    > der cable via the "Hubbub" methodology or straight up?
    >
    > Any other considerations?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > D'ohBoy


    Another consideration is to get a Campag rear derailleur, a shimano 9s
    cogset and chain and go ride. No need to 'sully' up your rear der
    selection with shimano...
     
  6. D'ohBoy

    D'ohBoy Guest

    <snip denigrative comment re: shimaNO>

    Now, now, Peter.....

    The only reason I am going with the 8s method is that I already have
    the wheels and a cogset. 8s shimano rear mech is dirt cheap. 9s
    cogset with decent miles left is significantly more expensive.

    I am converting my tertiary bike to a commuter and I wouldn't want to
    sully my good Campy rear der with the muck and salt of commuter miles.
    I am also taking the Campy brakes off and putting on some rx100's.

    D'ohBoy
     
  7. D'ohBoy wrote:
    > <snip denigrative comment re: shimaNO>
    >
    > Now, now, Peter.....
    >
    > The only reason I am going with the 8s method is that I already have
    > the wheels and a cogset. 8s shimano rear mech is dirt cheap. 9s
    > cogset with decent miles left is significantly more expensive.
    >
    > I am converting my tertiary bike to a commuter and I wouldn't want to
    > sully my good Campy rear der with the muck and salt of commuter miles.
    > I am also taking the Campy brakes off and putting on some rx100's.
    >
    > D'ohBoy


    I know, I know but I wouldn't be liven' up to my Campagnoo tattoo if I
    didn't say somethin'....
     
  8. D'ohBoy

    D'ohBoy Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > I know, I know but I wouldn't be liven' up to my Campagnoo tattoo if I
    > didn't say somethin'....


    SWMBO said no more tats when I said I wanted a Campy tattoo......

    D'ohBoy
     
  9. Mark Janeba

    Mark Janeba Guest

    Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
    > D'ohBoy wrote:
    >
    >>Good morning!
    >>
    >>Sorry if I missed the obvious in the "Crashterium" thread and Hubbub
    >>link, but here goes:
    >>
    >>If I run Shimano 8 cassette/der with my Ergos, do I need to route the
    >>der cable via the "Hubbub" methodology or straight up?
    >>
    >>Any other considerations?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>D'ohBoy

    >
    >
    > Another consideration is to get a Campag rear derailleur, a shimano 9s
    > cogset and chain and go ride. No need to 'sully' up your rear der
    > selection with shimano...


    Who is this "Sully" of whom you speak, and what sort of rear der does he
    use? :)

    Mark
     
  10. On 6 Dec 2005 06:56:08 -0800, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Another consideration is to get a Campag rear derailleur, a shimano 9s
    >cogset and chain and go ride. No need to 'sully' up your rear der
    >selection with shimano...


    Campy 10 levers, new campy derailer, S9 cassette? I thought C-with-C 10
    and 9 were more or less equal to S10 and S9 spacing respectively?

    Jasper
     
  11. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 00:14:29 GMT, Jasper Janssen <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Campy 10 levers, new campy derailer, S9 cassette?


    Works fine.
     
Loading...
Loading...