Clarification on 10s Ergos with Shimano 8 rder/cassette

D'ohBoy

Guest
Good morning!

Sorry if I missed the obvious in the "Crashterium" thread and Hubbub
link, but here goes:

If I run Shimano 8 cassette/der with my Ergos, do I need to route the
der cable via the "Hubbub" methodology or straight up?

Any other considerations?

Thanks,

D'ohBoy

damyth

Guest
D'ohBoy wrote:
> Good morning!
>
> Sorry if I missed the obvious in the "Crashterium" thread and Hubbub
> link, but here goes:
>
> If I run Shimano 8 cassette/der with my Ergos, do I need to route the
> der cable via the "Hubbub" methodology or straight up?
>
> Any other considerations?
>
> Thanks,
>
> D'ohBoy

It's all detailed here:
http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=3946

Paul Kopit

Guest
On 5 Dec 2005 08:15:32 -0800, "D'ohBoy" <[email protected]> wrote:

>If I run Shimano 8 cassette/der with my Ergos, do I need to route the
>der cable via the "Hubbub" methodology or straight up?

You don't need any adapter. You attach the rear derailleur cable to
the rear derailleur exactly as if if were coming from a Shimano
shifter, on the underside of the attachment bolt.

D'ohBoy

Guest
<snippage of PK's clarification>

It never seemed to be explicitly stated but after re-reading the
'hubbub' article, the chart showing the Shimano rear mech with Shimano
shifters, Campy shifters, and with hubbub mod implicitly pointed me
that way (after some examination).

Thanks for the clarification/confirmation, Paul.

D'ohBoy

Qui si parla Campagnolo

Guest
D'ohBoy wrote:
> Good morning!
>
> Sorry if I missed the obvious in the "Crashterium" thread and Hubbub
> link, but here goes:
>
> If I run Shimano 8 cassette/der with my Ergos, do I need to route the
> der cable via the "Hubbub" methodology or straight up?
>
> Any other considerations?
>
> Thanks,
>
> D'ohBoy

Another consideration is to get a Campag rear derailleur, a shimano 9s
cogset and chain and go ride. No need to 'sully' up your rear der
selection with shimano...

D'ohBoy

Guest
<snip denigrative comment re: shimaNO>

Now, now, Peter.....

The only reason I am going with the 8s method is that I already have
the wheels and a cogset. 8s shimano rear mech is dirt cheap. 9s
cogset with decent miles left is significantly more expensive.

I am converting my tertiary bike to a commuter and I wouldn't want to
sully my good Campy rear der with the muck and salt of commuter miles.
I am also taking the Campy brakes off and putting on some rx100's.

D'ohBoy

Qui si parla Campagnolo

Guest
D'ohBoy wrote:
> <snip denigrative comment re: shimaNO>
>
> Now, now, Peter.....
>
> The only reason I am going with the 8s method is that I already have
> the wheels and a cogset. 8s shimano rear mech is dirt cheap. 9s
> cogset with decent miles left is significantly more expensive.
>
> I am converting my tertiary bike to a commuter and I wouldn't want to
> sully my good Campy rear der with the muck and salt of commuter miles.
> I am also taking the Campy brakes off and putting on some rx100's.
>
> D'ohBoy

I know, I know but I wouldn't be liven' up to my Campagnoo tattoo if I
didn't say somethin'....

D'ohBoy

Guest
Peter wrote:

> I know, I know but I wouldn't be liven' up to my Campagnoo tattoo if I
> didn't say somethin'....

SWMBO said no more tats when I said I wanted a Campy tattoo......

D'ohBoy

Mark Janeba

Guest
Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> D'ohBoy wrote:
>
>>Good morning!
>>
>>Sorry if I missed the obvious in the "Crashterium" thread and Hubbub
>>link, but here goes:
>>
>>If I run Shimano 8 cassette/der with my Ergos, do I need to route the
>>der cable via the "Hubbub" methodology or straight up?
>>
>>Any other considerations?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>D'ohBoy

> Another consideration is to get a Campag rear derailleur, a shimano 9s
> cogset and chain and go ride. No need to 'sully' up your rear der
> selection with shimano...

Who is this "Sully" of whom you speak, and what sort of rear der does he
use? :)

Mark

Jasper Janssen

Guest
On 6 Dec 2005 06:56:08 -0800, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Another consideration is to get a Campag rear derailleur, a shimano 9s
>cogset and chain and go ride. No need to 'sully' up your rear der
>selection with shimano...

Campy 10 levers, new campy derailer, S9 cassette? I thought C-with-C 10
and 9 were more or less equal to S10 and S9 spacing respectively?

Jasper