Clarks 6 pot disk brake

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Alastair Maxwel, Mar 7, 2003.

  1. Alright

    I just got my hands on a clarks 6 pot rear disk brake. Just wondering if anyone else out there had
    tried them and what they think. So far my opinions are mixed but i haven't had a chance to try it
    propperly as yet. I have put pics of it up on
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~amaxwell/abracing.org/images/climb8.gif if you want to have a look.
    Other question i have as i can't find out anywhere else. Does it run on mineral oil or dot 4? if
    anyone knows please tell me as i need to bleed it asap so i can base my opinion of it on it
    working properly.

    Al www.abracing.org

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Alright
    >
    > I just got my hands on a clarks 6 pot rear disk brake. Just wondering if anyone else out there had
    > tried them and what they think. So far my opinions are mixed but i haven't had a chance to try it
    > propperly as yet. I have put pics of it up on
    > http://homepage.eircom.net/~amaxwell/abracing.org/images/climb8.gif if you want to have a look.
    > Other question i have as i can't find out anywhere else. Does it run on mineral oil or dot 4? if
    > anyone knows please tell me as i need to bleed it asap so i can base my opinion of it on it
    > working properly.
    >
    > Al www.abracing.org

    What happen to the Hayes?
    --
    Slacker

  3. "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > Alright
    > >
    > > I just got my hands on a clarks 6 pot rear disk brake. Just wondering if anyone else out there
    > > had tried them and what they think. So far my
    opinions
    > > are mixed but i haven't had a chance to try it propperly as yet. I have
    put
    > > pics of it up on http://homepage.eircom.net/~amaxwell/abracing.org/images/climb8.gif if
    you
    > > want to have a look. Other question i have as i can't find out anywhere else. Does it run on
    > > mineral oil or dot 4? if anyone knows please tell
    me as
    > > i need to bleed it asap so i can base my opinion of it on it working properly.
    > >
    > > Al www.abracing.org
    >

    > What happen to the Hayes?
    > --
    > Slacker

    I got this to try it out. I saw it at a trade show and thought it was worth trying cause there much
    cheaper than hayes. Will probably sell it for what it cost me and get hayes. Just thought it was
    worth a look, and seen as i was without a back brake and i have a race this weekend i hadn't really
    got much choice.

    AL

  4. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Alastair Maxwell <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Alright
    >
    > I just got my hands on a clarks 6 pot rear disk brake. Just wondering if anyone else out there had
    > tried them and what they think. So far my
    opinions
    > are mixed but i haven't had a chance to try it propperly as yet. I have
    put
    > pics of it up on http://homepage.eircom.net/~amaxwell/abracing.org/images/climb8.gif

    _Tiny_ rotor - they tryin' to rely on pure surface contact area (more pads) for braking friction?
    This seems a bit ineficient.......

    > if you want to have a look. Other question i have as i can't find out anywhere else. Does it run
    > on mineral oil or dot 4? if anyone knows please tell me
    as
    > i need to bleed it asap so i can base my opinion of it on it working properly.
    >
    > Al www.abracing.org

    Dunno, but if their Clim8 'High End' gear cable sets are anything to go by,

    Shaun aRe