Clarkson pie-eyed

Also sprach The Nottingham Duck <[email protected]>:

> I don't know where to begin with this one !

Well, let's start with "Tony Blair is responsible for the deaths of Iragi
children living near Sadam's palaces and suspected bunkers.However,he is not
evil." Direct quote from, let me see now, oh yes, "The Nottingham Duck".
YOU say Mr. Bliar is not evil. I say that there are those who would
disagree with this opinion.

There, now that wasn't so difficult, was it?

Apparently Guy has now got a Brompton. I'd never have guessed.

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:28:21 +0100, "Dave Larrington"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Also sprach The Nottingham Duck <[email protected]>:
>
>> I don't know where to begin with this one !

>Well, let's start with "Tony Blair is responsible for the deaths of Iragi
>children living near Sadam's palaces and suspected bunkers.However,he is not
>evil." Direct quote from, let me see now, oh yes, "The Nottingham Duck".
>YOU say Mr. Bliar is not evil. I say that there are those who would
>disagree with this opinion.
>
>There, now that wasn't so difficult, was it?

Look,chum,you made a bit of a ****-up in mistaking my bit as a defence
of Blair,and you've been corrected.
The clever thing to do would have been to have accepted the correction
and moved on.
Now your starting to look a bit trolly with this last reply.

Lets see how the post (posted 16/9/05 3:35am) you snipped the quote
above from actually reads:

"
Why ? CONTEXT ."Your definition of murder -*unlawful killing* is a
definition.There is also a defintion of*unlawful*,so there is
agreement on WHAT THEY MEAN.
The interpretation of these definitions,and the context of the act are
where the problems lie.

e.g. Ian Huntley was convicted of killing 2 children.He is evil.

Tony Blair is responsible for the deaths of Iragi children living near
Sadam's palaces and suspected bunkers.However,he is not evil.

2 men kill children,but only 1 is an evil c*nt.

Why ? CONTEXT .

Huntley is alleged to have lured 2 children to their deaths to feed
his perverted lust,but good old Tony was trying to assassinate(without
trial) a very bad man.
Since Tony didn't mean to kill any children then he isn't evil !

But the children are still dead at the end of the day.

The "e.g." at the top stands for 'example'.

The Blair/Huntley comparison was an example of how context determines
the way we react to certain acts.

How many of your friends refer to Blair as an evil man ,how many
tabloid headlines start with 'Evil Tony' ?

The sad fact is that in Britain today Blair is not seen as evil by the
majority of people - despite the fact that he makes Thatcher look like
Mother Theresa by comparison.
He even won the last election ,despite everything he's done.
So whilst us two might see through the media lies the rest of Britain
hasn't.

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:08:46 +0100, Bertie Wiggins
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 04:23:03 +0100, The Nottingham Duck
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I was making the point that Blair is as bad as Huntley because he is
>>responsible for the deaths of innocent children.

>What was Huntley's feelings towards the children as he killed them?

Oh,so you have definite proof now that he killed them ?.I thought
you'd just picked up snippets from the news about this case.As your
post of 16/9/05 - 4:35 pm states :

" I was careful in my wording to express an opinion rather than a
statement of fact. I know few facts, but I did follow press reports
of the investigation and trial."

>What was Blair's feeling towards the children as they were killed?
>
>The answers should give you some clue as to the relative evilness of
>the two men.

Why are you still here ?

Perhaps you aren't a tactless ********,'paedophile expert' or Huntley
fan after all.

Perhaps you're 'Nobody Here' s tag-team partner ?

It would explain why he leapt to your defence.

A normal poster , after making a faux-pas , would have the decency to
slink away from the thread and wait for the furore to die down.
However,you seem to be dragging this out for some distasteful personal
gratification.

You know what that makes you , don't you.

I wouldn't be surprised if these posts were reproduced in later posts
as evidence of your trolling career.

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:52:54 +0100, The Nottingham Duck
<[email protected]> wrote:

>>What was Huntley's feelings towards the children as he killed them?

>Oh,so you have definite proof now that he killed them ?.I thought
>you'd just picked up snippets from the news about this case.As your
>post of 16/9/05 - 4:35 pm states :

As Huntley himself admitted killing the children, I think that it is
reasonable to accept it as fact. The proof may not have as much
rigour as a mathematical proof, but more than sufficient to leave a
court in no doubt at all.

The question over the luring or otherwise is a different matter.

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 06:57:04 +0100, Bertie Wiggins
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:52:54 +0100, The Nottingham Duck
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>>What was Huntley's feelings towards the children as he killed them?

>>Oh,so you have definite proof now that he killed them ?.I thought
>>you'd just picked up snippets from the news about this case.As your
>>post of 16/9/05 - 4:35 pm states :

>As Huntley himself admitted killing the children, I think that it is
>reasonable to accept it as fact. The proof may not have as much
>rigour as a mathematical proof, but more than sufficient to leave a
>court in no doubt at all.
>
>The question over the luring or otherwise is a different matter.

Keep the replies coming , slave.

I submit that on or about Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:04:25 +0100, the person
known to the court as Tony Raven <[email protected]> made a
statement (<[email protected]> in Your Honour's bundle) to
the following effect:

>Given the experience of the airline industry NO! Despite autopilots
>doing almost all the flying these days, 80% of air accidents are still
>down to human errors, 20% to mechanical or systems failures.

That rather proves David's point re keeping their hand in, though,
doesn't it?

<cough>Airbus</cough>

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

I submit that on or about Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:34:28 +0100, the person
known to the court as The Nottingham Duck
<[email protected]> made a statement
(<[email protected]> in Your Honour's bundle)
to the following effect:

>Look,chum,you made a bit of a ****-up in mistaking my bit as a defence
>of Blair,and you've been corrected.

No, he made a specific point which was correct: that some people
disagree with you re the evilness of Blair.

>Now your starting to look a bit trolly with this last reply.

Funny, isn't it, how many trolls there suddenly are when you are
involved in the discussion?

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:54:57 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I submit that on or about Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:34:28 +0100, the person
>known to the court as The Nottingham Duck
><[email protected]> made a statement
>(<[email protected]> in Your Honour's bundle)
>to the following effect:
>
>>Look,chum,you made a bit of a ****-up in mistaking my bit as a defence
>>of Blair,and you've been corrected.

>No, he made a specific point which was correct: that some people
>disagree with you re the evilness of Blair.

No , you dozy tr*ll , he thought I was defend Blair.
If he,and you,had read it properly he would have seen the "e.g." that
I referred to yesterday.

Either you are a tr*ll or a mong who can't read properly.
You seem to think that because you post more regularly than the other
tr*lls that you can post any old abuse or inflammatory replies.

Why did you post this reply when the thread's dead save for the
tr*ll-bashing ?

>>Now your starting to look a bit trolly with this last reply.

>Funny, isn't it, how many trolls there suddenly are when you are
>involved in the discussion?
>
>Guy

Well if you can only reply to points with abuse or attempts to wind-up
the posters , without producing evidence or presenting an alternative
view then you are a tr*ll.

As you've proved your inability to read posts properly get someone
else to read all my posts from the last 10 days.

See how many people have bested me in debate - none .
They either tr*ll in their replies,or run off crying because they
can't defend their positions.

p.s. This post was off-topic anyway.Do remember to label them as such.

> Now he
> seems to be so deluded it is difficult to know if there is any
> mental activity between his ears.

Oh no, he's not deluded. He just knows that if the British and American
troops leave the whole country will descend into civil war that will cost
hundreds of thousands of lives. This is worse than what is happening *now*
so we *have* to stay - it's the "right" thing to do.

Having said that...

What the **** **** doesn't realise is that if we hadn't invaded in the
first **** place then it would be better than it is now, despite the old
regime's repression.

I grew up in a period where ministers resigned for mistakes made by their
department, and for mistakes in their private life. Why the **** hasn't
this primeminister resigned for a mistake that has killed around one
hundred thousand people?

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:15:05 GMT someone who may be Mark Thompson
<[email protected]> wrote this:-

>I grew up in a period where ministers resigned for mistakes made by their
>department, and for mistakes in their private life. Why the **** hasn't
>this primeminister resigned for a mistake that has killed around one
>hundred thousand people?

Because he is deluded:)

The 100,000 dead estimate is now out of date, it was made about a
year ago.

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.

Also sprach Mark Thompson <[email protected]>:

> I grew up in a period where ministers resigned for mistakes made by
> their department, and for mistakes in their private life. Why the
> **** hasn't this primeminister resigned for a mistake that has killed
> around one hundred thousand people?

For the same reason that Noddy wears a hat with a bell on it.

Never give a gun to ducks.

The Nottingham Duck wrote:

> You write a few wanky programmes that were probably "inspired" by
> someone else's software and you think you're Stephen Hawking.

:D I wish I could earn what I do letting my mind wander on purely
theoretical problems. I'll do academia again when Ive paid off the
mortgage and saved up Ben's university fees. ;)

> Got any G.C.S.E.s by any chance ??

Only one. I did GCSE photography in 6th form when I had to choose
between A level maths and photography - timetable clash.

Im a Chartered Engineer. That's a protected title, you can look up the
academic, professional and managerial requirements & verify "Phil Clarke
CEng MIEE" exists. (MIEE qualification was more stringent than MBCS &
IEE has a nicer tie)

Anyway, why the hostility?

I suggest joining a SCUBA club. If you pick a good one it helps knock
out the BS & differentiate others' BS from valid opinion, plus its fun.

your friend ... Phil

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:00:35 +0100, Phil Clarke
<[email protected]> wrote:

>The Nottingham Duck wrote:
>

>Anyway, why the hostility?

Unless you haven't noticed my contributions to this post generated an
a.p.b. to every trollish imp who frequents this group.
Just responding in a language they understand,if you aren't one of
them disregard any vitriol.

I submit that on or about Fri, 23 Sep 2005 06:55:43 +0100, the person
known to the court as The Nottingham Duck
<[email protected]> made a statement
(<[email protected]> in Your Honour's bundle)
to the following effect:

>>>Look,chum,you made a bit of a ****-up in mistaking my bit as a defence
>>>of Blair,and you've been corrected.

>>No, he made a specific point which was correct: that some people
>>disagree with you re the evilness of Blair.

>No , you dozy tr*ll , he thought I was defend Blair.

Amazing, isn't it, how many trolls there suddenly are on this
newsgroup? And all of them (quite by coincidence I'm sure) disagree
with you! Here is a Clue for you: trolling is *not* the expressing of
a differing opinion.

I read the thread. No assumption is necessary: the simple fact is,
some people disagree with you re Blair being evil.

I don't think he's evil, I think he has Convictions. A politician
with Convictions can be a very dangerous thing, it can also be a good
thing. In this case I think it's dangerous, because Blair's
Convictions led him to ignore wise counsel form others.

>Either you are a tr*ll or a mong who can't read properly.

Neither. You, on the other hand are a disputatious idiot.

>You seem to think that because you post more regularly than the other
>tr*lls that you can post any old abuse or inflammatory replies.

False. Actually I post very irregularly at present, but nowhere in my
post was my posting history mentioned, let alone used as support for
my position.

>Why did you post this reply when the thread's dead save for the
>tr*ll-bashing ?

Your post and mine are separated by under thirty hours.

But as to why I waded in, I was amused by the utter absurdity of
accusing Dave Larrington of trolling. If you stop picking fights and
calling everyone who disagrees a troll, and if you spend many hours
learning about the subject matter of this newsgroup, and if you
sharpen your wits until they bleed, you might one day aspire to be as
popular and valued a poster as Dave. But I'm not holding my breath.

>>Funny, isn't it, how many trolls there suddenly are when you are
>>involved in the discussion?

>Well if you can only reply to points with abuse or attempts to wind-up
>the posters , without producing evidence or presenting an alternative
>view then you are a tr*ll.

It seems to take nothing to wind you up beyond simply disagreeing with
your aggressively-put assertions.

>As you've proved your inability to read posts properly get someone
>else to read all my posts from the last 10 days.

I read most of them. And very tedious it was, too. Quite why someone
with so little to say has to say it at such length I cannot for a
moment imagine. Perhaps that explains your reluctance to put your
name to what you write, who knows.

>See how many people have bested me in debate - none .
>They either tr*ll in their replies,or run off crying because they
>can't defend their positions.

Since by your definition anyone who disagrees is trolling, it is hard
to see how your criteria for besting you in debate could be met. I
think you will find that others do not share your judgment regarding
whether you've been bested in debate, but what would I know -
evidently I am a troll (i.e. I disagree with you).

>p.s. This post was off-topic anyway.Do remember to label them as such.

The post was a reference to a prior debate regarding the nomination
for the honorary degree, and numerous other threads regarding the
woolly ****** and his opinions on cycling and other matters.

The original link was also forwarded to me by the Campaigns and Policy
Manager of CTC. If Roger thinks it's of interest to fellow-cyclists,
who am I to disagree?

You will find in any case that Agent makes it trivially easy to skip
OT threads, if they offend you.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:18:47 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>>Either you are a tr*ll or a mong who can't read properly.

>Neither. You, on the other hand are a disputatious idiot.

This is correct.

I submit that on or about Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:01:45 +0100, the person
known to the court as Bertie Wiggins <[email protected]>
made a statement (<[email protected]> in Your
Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

>>>Either you are a tr*ll or a mong who can't read properly.

>>Neither. You, on the other hand are a disputatious idiot.

>This is correct.

Thank you :)

Actually in my experience anyone who uses the word mong tends to be a
four-letter fellow anyway, it being a derogatory slang term for people
with Down's syndrome. But that might have changed over time since it
was current during my schooldays.

Guy
--

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> I submit that on or about Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:01:45 +0100, the person
> known to the court as Bertie Wiggins <[email protected]>
> made a statement (<[email protected]> in Your
> Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

>>>Neither. You, on the other hand are a disputatious idiot.

>>This is correct.

> Thank you :)
>
> Actually in my experience anyone who uses the word mong tends to be a
> four-letter fellow anyway, it being a derogatory slang term for people
> with Down's syndrome. But that might have changed over time since it
> was current during my schooldays.

Over here we would assume a misspelling on nong. Being a local word
thats sort of vaguely affectionate for twit.

> Guy
> --
> http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
>
> "To every complex problem there is a solution which is
> simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:08:53 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Actually in my experience anyone who uses the word mong tends to be a
>four-letter fellow anyway.

Duck is a reasonable four-letter word to describe him. They share a
similar level of intellect at least.

I really wouldn't like to give him any four-letter label that suggests
any sort of intellect in the human range.

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:01:45 +0100, Bertie Wiggins
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:18:47 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>>Either you are a tr*ll or a mong who can't read properly.

>>Neither. You, on the other hand are a disputatious idiot.

>This is correct.

Ha ha , my slave-troll has done as I commanded on the 22nd !

Keep up the replies , as I have ordered you to,

I told you I owned you !!!

<[email protected]> wrote:

>I submit that on or about Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:01:45 +0100, the person
>known to the court as Bertie Wiggins <[email protected]>
>made a statement (<[email protected]> in Your
>Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

>>>Neither. You, on the other hand are a disputatious idiot.

>>This is correct.

>Thank you :)

Accepting moral support from a proven tr*ll ?

Your tr*ll-ring is efficient !