Classic health fraud

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Peter Moran, Jan 11, 2004.

  1. Peter Moran

    Peter Moran Guest

    Tags:

  2. Orac

    Orac Guest

  3. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Classic health fraud
    >From: "Peter Moran" [email protected]
    >Date: 1/11/2004 12:52 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >This new entry to the market has it all.
    >
    >http://www.tamahi.com/
    >
    >Peter Moran

    Why are you so concerned with it? Has it killed anyone?

    Why not be concerned with the big killers??

    Needless deaths and mistakes, side effects from drugs?

    Jan

  4. Peter Moran

    Peter Moran Guest

    "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Subject: Classic health fraud
    > >From: "Peter Moran" [email protected]
    > >Date: 1/11/2004 12:52 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    ><[email protected]rks.com.au
    >

    > >This new entry to the market has it all.
    > >
    > >http://www.tamahi.com/
    > >
    > >Peter Moran

    > Why are you so concerned with it? Has it killed anyone?
    >
    > Why not be concerned with the big killers??
    >
    > Needless deaths and mistakes, side effects from drugs?

    There are three possible issues with an "alternative" health product.

    Is it fraudulent - i.e. designed to take people's money without offering
    anything of use in return, or via false claims? Doesn't that bother you?

    Is it unsafe? It doesn't have to be directly harmful, if it induces people
    to rely on it to do things it cannot, or to temporise with useless
    treatments instead of having symptoms looked into. I actually came across
    it on a cancer forum where it was said that a clinic is using it as a
    mainstay in cancer treatment.

    Is it based on sound science? I think even you would recognise the
    purported "scientific" basis for the product as technobabble. If not you
    haven't been paying enough attention in your years on this list.

    On all three grounds this qualifies as quackery, healthfraud, chralatanism,
    or any other name you wish to apply.

    Peter Moran

    > Jan

  5. Peter Moran

    Peter Moran Guest

  6. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: Classic health fraud
    >From: "Peter Moran" [email protected]
    >Date: 1/11/2004 3:10 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >

    >"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> >Subject: Classic health fraud
    >> >From: "Peter Moran" [email protected]
    >> >Date: 1/11/2004 12:52 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >>
    >><[email protected]rks.com.au
    >>

    >> >This new entry to the market has it all.
    >> >
    >> >http://www.tamahi.com/
    >> >
    >> >Peter Moran

    >> Why are you so concerned with it? Has it killed anyone?
    >>
    >> Why not be concerned with the big killers??
    >>
    >> Needless deaths and mistakes, side effects from drugs?

    >There are three possible issues with an "alternative" health product.
    >
    >Is it fraudulent - i.e. designed to take people's money without offering
    >anything of use in return, or via false claims?

    Is it? Or is this an opinion? You said *an* alternative health product.

    You are completely brain washed, when you see the word alternative, up comes
    the red flag that says, IT IS WORTHLESS.

    > Doesn't that bother you?

    Your attitude does. What also bothers me are the HUGE issues, like *needless*
    mistakes and deaths.

    >Is it unsafe?

    You mean you don't know?? You have said it is classic health fraud, but you
    don't know if it is unsafe.

    >It doesn't have to be directly harmful, if it induces people
    >to rely on it to do things it cannot, or to temporise with useless
    >treatments instead of having symptoms looked into.

    Do proof these treatments are useless.

    Having things looked into is another problem. Too many *we can't find anything
    wrongs*

    >I actually came across
    >it on a cancer forum where it was said that a clinic is using it as a
    >mainstay in cancer treatment.

    >Is it based on sound science?

    Doesn't fly. Sixty eight percent of conventional medicine is NOT based on
    science.

    > I think even you

    That's that *even you* again!!

    What does that mean?

    > would recognise the
    >purported "scientific" basis for the product as technobabble.

    Much technobabble comes from you.

    >If not you
    >haven't been paying enough attention in your years on this list.

    LOL!!!! Attention to whom?????????

    Your *arrogance* is abundant.

    >On all three grounds this qualifies as quackery, healthfraud, chralatanism,
    >or any other name you wish to apply.
    >
    >Peter Moran

    Like I asked. has it killed anyone?

    Why bother with the tiny issues rather than address the HUGE ones??

    You would rather make a big deal out of tamahi, and let REAL health FRAUD
    slide, just as you did with Dr. Wilson who committed *deliberate and repeated*
    fraud, and KILLED a young teenager, and remains on staff.

    Now, that is REAL health fraud!

    Jan

  7. carabelli

    carabelli Guest

    "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Subject: Re: Classic health fraud
    > >From: "Peter Moran" [email protected]
    > >Date: 1/11/2004 3:10 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    ><[email protected]rks.com.au
    >

    > >"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]

    >><[email protected]rks.com.a

    > >> Why are you so concerned with it? Has it killed anyone?
    > >>
    > >> Why not be concerned with the big killers??
    > >>
    > >> Needless deaths and mistakes, side effects from drugs?

    > >There are three possible issues with an "alternative" health product.
    > >
    > >Is it fraudulent - i.e. designed to take people's money without offering
    > >anything of use in return, or via false claims?

    > Is it? Or is this an opinion? You said *an* alternative health product.
    >
    > You are completely brain washed, when you see the word alternative, up

    comes
    > the red flag that says, IT IS WORTHLESS.
    >
    > > Doesn't that bother you?
    > >

    > Your attitude does. What also bothers me are the HUGE issues, like

    *needless*
    > mistakes and deaths.
    >
    > >Is it unsafe?

    > You mean you don't know?? You have said it is classic health fraud, but

    you
    > don't know if it is unsafe.
    >
    > >It doesn't have to be directly harmful, if it induces people
    > >to rely on it to do things it cannot, or to temporise with useless
    > >treatments instead of having symptoms looked into.

    > Do proof these treatments are useless.
    >
    > Having things looked into is another problem. Too many *we can't find

    anything
    > wrongs*
    >

    > >I actually came across
    > >it on a cancer forum where it was said that a clinic is using it as a
    > >mainstay in cancer treatment.

    > >Is it based on sound science?

    > Doesn't fly. Sixty eight percent of conventional medicine is NOT based on
    > science.
    >
    > > I think even you

    > That's that *even you* again!!
    >
    > What does that mean?
    >
    > > would recognise the
    > >purported "scientific" basis for the product as technobabble.

    > Much technobabble comes from you.
    >
    > >If not you
    > >haven't been paying enough attention in your years on this list.

    > LOL!!!! Attention to whom?????????
    >
    > Your *arrogance* is abundant.
    >
    > >On all three grounds this qualifies as quackery, healthfraud,

    chralatanism,
    > >or any other name you wish to apply.
    > >
    > >Peter Moran

    > Like I asked. has it killed anyone?
    >
    > Why bother with the tiny issues rather than address the HUGE ones??
    >
    > You would rather make a big deal out of tamahi, and let REAL health FRAUD
    > slide, just as you did with Dr. Wilson who committed *deliberate and

    repeated*
    > fraud, and KILLED a young teenager, and remains on staff.
    >
    > Now, that is REAL health fraud!

    Hey butch, why is it OK for you to totally change the subject when your
    brain is running on empty?

    stupid skeptic tricks are OK when it's your idea huh.

    carabelli

    > Jan

  8. Peter Moran

    Peter Moran Guest

    You do realise the product only contains calcium carbonate (chalk)? But of
    course you don't, do you?

    Peter Moran

  9. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: Classic health fraud
    >From: "Peter Moran" [email protected]
    >Date: 1/11/2004 10:35 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >You do realise the product only contains calcium carbonate (chalk)? But of
    >course you don't, do you?
    >
    >Peter Moran

    Has this *chalk* killed anyone??

    Has it helped anyone?

    Tamahi Calcium Coral Calcium Shark Cartilage
    Form Liquid Dry capsule Dry capsule
    RDI 5 mg 500 mg 500 mg
    Source Living magma aquifer Beach sand coral reef Living sharks
    Active Ingredient Hydrophilic Calcium Hydrophobic Calcium Hydrophobic Calcium
    Technology Ormus - nano Colloid Colloid

    While we cannot assert what this product does, we can offer testimonials of
    what some people say it has does for them. WE ACCEPT AND KNOW THAT ASPIRIN
    WORKS, BUT NO SCIENCE CAN EXPLAIN WHY IT WORKS.

    http://www.tamahi.com/

  10. "Peter Moran" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:eek:[email protected]
    >> In article
    >> <[email protected]rks.com
    >> .au>,
    >> "Peter Moran" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> > This new entry to the market has it all.
    >> >
    >> > http://www.tamahi.com/

    >> I'll do you one better:
    >>
    >> http://www.alexchiu.com/
    >>
    >> "Immortality"? Talk about a quack with chutzpah!

    >Yes, Alex warrants a category of his own. .
    >
    >Peter

    I have a pair of Alex's rings and I haven't died since I got them.
    There's a testimonial for you.

    --
    Peter Bowditch
    The Green Light http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight
    To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

  11. "Peter Bowditch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Peter Moran" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >"Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:eek:[email protected]
    > >> In article

    <[email protected]rks.com
    > >> .au>,

    > >> I'll do you one better:
    > >>
    > >> http://www.alexchiu.com/
    > >>
    > >> "Immortality"? Talk about a quack with chutzpah!

    > >Yes, Alex warrants a category of his own. .
    > >
    > >Peter
    > >

    > I have a pair of Alex's rings and I haven't died since I got them.
    > There's a testimonial for you.

    This reminds me of a story from HS which I will spare you...(unless you
    ask).

    However, using the brilliant retort by my classmate Tom M. as the basis for
    mine...

    With two immortality rings you will twice as long.

  12. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Peter Bowditch <[email protected]> wrote:
    >"Peter Moran" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>"Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:eek:[email protected]
    >>> In article
    >>> <[email protected]rks.com
    >>> .au>,

    >>> I'll do you one better:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.alexchiu.com/
    >>>
    >>> "Immortality"? Talk about a quack with chutzpah!

    >>Yes, Alex warrants a category of his own. .
    >>
    >>Peter

    >I have a pair of Alex's rings and I haven't died since I got them.
    >There's a testimonial for you.

    I was all set to order the immortality rings until I noticed that "t"
    between the "r" and the "a".

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

  13. Mark ProbertJanuary 14, 2004 <[email protected]> wrote:

    > With two immortality rings you will twice as long.

    Twice is nice, but liquor is quiker... ;^]

    --
    _o Kristofer Dale,
    _ \<,_ ragged individualist,

    p.s. Learn and live, http://www.vitaletherapeutics.org