Classiest head badge

Eidetic

Dec 19, 2003
Why vote for classiest head badge goes to Eddy Merckx bikes. My reasons: 1) appealing design, merging his initials and a road bike; 2) the matching of color scheme and badge contours; and 3) metal construction ... a real badge.

while I'm partial to my litespeed headbadge, one must consider the one from independent fabrication...one ounce of sterling silver!

Originally posted by rv
while I'm partial to my litespeed headbadge, one must consider the one from independent fabrication...one ounce of sterling silver!

If your talkin' precious metals, then consider LeMond bikes. theres an option on the Tête de Course for a 24kt. gold (all-be-it-plated) head badge, and 24kt. gold leaf panels. (This one actually belongs to Greg). ;)

the i.f. one is nice, and lots of others like seven bikes which comes to mind with mechanical fasteners holding it in place.

i especially dislike the head badge on my lemond, i totalled an 03 zurich and they sent me back a new frame but with the new 04 badge, which is shinny cheap plastic without the world champion colors :-(

Carl Strong puts a really cool headbadge on his custom frames. He gets my vote.

Why do I have a hard time believing that Greg is riding a TRIPLE-Chainring?

Originally posted by Cipher
If your talkin' precious metals, then consider LeMond bikes. theres an option on the Tête de Course for a 24kt. gold (all-be-it-plated) head badge, and 24kt. gold leaf panels. (This one actually belongs to Greg). ;)
:D :D

Originally posted by larrynipon
Why do I have a hard time believing that Greg is riding a TRIPLE-Chainring?

:D :D

I'm thinking you haven't seen Greg lately! They had all of the past champions racing at the 25th anniversary of the Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival in Wisconsin a couple of years ago. Greg was there because he had won the race a couple of times in the late eighties/early ninties (yes a mountain bike race!). Greg dropped out of the race! Word was that he found a convenient pub not too far off the trail somewhere! :D

I'm thinking he doesn't train quite as hard as he used to! I'm not really surprised he runs a tripple now. Don't get me wrong, he'd still smoke my ass!

Eidetic said:
Why vote for classiest head badge goes to Eddy Merckx bikes. My reasons: 1) appealing design, merging his initials and a road bike; 2) the matching of color scheme and badge contours; and 3) metal construction ... a real badge.

Unfortunately, Eddy sold off his name-sake bike company a couple of years ago. The new owners did a complete change to the product range, including a re-design of the company logo. New EM frames now have a boring and generic looking "M" logo and headbadge.

BTW, since when did EM frames have a metal badge? I have never seen that. I have two Merckx's, a steel Corsa and a carbon MXM, neither have a metal badge. What EM model did the metal badge come on?