Classy win for Chavanel!

Rolfrae said:
Juan Manuel Garate, I think. He can climb a bit too.

Yes true. More a climber than anything else.

VeloNews reported yesterdays events in an accurate form:

"Alberto Contador gave up his yellow jersey — at least temporarily — to Quick Step's Sylvain Chavanel Tuesday after losing 1:10 in the third stage to a breakaway group containing Chavanel."

- Yep that’s it. Contador gave his yellow jersey to QuickStep before he'll take it back in spectacular fashion in the mountains. What is this ?

whiteboytrash said:

Yes true. More a climber than anything else.

VeloNews reported yesterdays events in an accurate form:

"Alberto Contador gave up his yellow jersey — at least temporarily — to Quick Step's Sylvain Chavanel Tuesday after losing 1:10 in the third stage to a breakaway group containing Chavanel."

- Yep that’s it. Contador gave his yellow jersey to QuickStep before he'll take it back in spectacular fashion in the mountains. What is this ?
Yeah the French scumbag coward didn't win the jersey with his classy riding, Contadope gave it to him as a temporary present, before he invokes the Power of Lance and storms up the first available mountain to a 23 minute lead. "I am surprised to be going so well so early in the season," Contadope will exclaim, "I've just come from the beach."

Rolfrae said:
Yeah the French scumbag coward didn't win the jersey with his classy riding, Contadope gave it to him as a temporary present, before he invokes the Power of Lance and storms up the first available mountain to a 23 minute lead. "I am surprised to be going so well so early in the season," Contadope will exclaim, "I've just come from the beach."
The title caught my attention too. He surely didn't give it away rather he was forced to give it. Nevertheless, the idea might be correct that he will regain it on stage six. Contador was quite strong today and temporarily put Chavanel into trouble and this was just a small hill. I don't think anyone stands a chance on friday if Astana just manages to keep Contador near the front until the mountain starts. I don't think Contador can do an ET ride and drop everyone but he has a sufficent deposit on his nearest rivals so he should have the jersey on Sunday.

I think todays stage answers all questions about how long The Chav is going to last in yellow. Interesting to see Astana not going with Contador again today, they saving the juice until later of do they think he can win it on his own?

Eldrack said:
I think todays stage answers all questions about how long The Chav is going to last in yellow. Interesting to see Astana not going with Contador again today, they saving the juice until later of do they think he can win it on his own?
I don't think anyone on Astana could keep up with Contadope. I'm sure when Lance is on the team Johan won't leave such things to chance.