Claud Butler Classic Version

Paulo Matos

Guest
Hello all,

I, as I told you before, am about to buy a Claud Butler Classic. Some
shops have the 2006 version, others the 2007. I'm quite wondering if
there's any important difference between them. I have URLs with their
2006: http://www.bikesnbits.com/products.php?plid=m1b8s149p987
2007: http://www.bikesnbits.com/products.php?plid=m1b8s149p1003

I do like the 2006 color but I will buy the 2007 if it is technically
superior. In fact, just by looking at their tech specs they seem quite
the same, except the color, the tyres and the frame but I wonder how
important is this difference.

Could someone comment on their differences please?

Cheers,

Paulo Matos

in message <[email protected]>, Paulo
Matos ('[email protected]') wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I, as I told you before, am about to buy a Claud Butler Classic. Some
> shops have the 2006 version, others the 2007. I'm quite wondering if
> there's any important difference between them. I have URLs with their
> 2006: http://www.bikesnbits.com/products.php?plid=m1b8s149p987
> 2007: http://www.bikesnbits.com/products.php?plid=m1b8s149p1003
>
> I do like the 2006 color but I will buy the 2007 if it is technically
> superior. In fact, just by looking at their tech specs they seem quite
> the same, except the color, the tyres and the frame but I wonder how
> important is this difference.
>
> Could someone comment on their differences please?

They're more or less the same tyres. I'm not qualified to comment on the
tubing but both 6061 and 7005 grades are widely used for bike parts; both
will do the job. This year's model has a plastic chain guard - which will
help keep your trousers out of the chain at least until it gets broken;
but I would not have thought that was worth £20.

;; MS Windows: A thirty-two bit extension ... to a sixteen bit
;; patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a
;; four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that
;; can't stand one bit of competition -- anonymous

Paulo Matos wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I, as I told you before, am about to buy a Claud Butler Classic. Some
> shops have the 2006 version, others the 2007. I'm quite wondering if
> there's any important difference between them.

I like the black one! But its your bike!

Can I ask if all the shops you are considering are online, or is the
same bike available from a shop in Southampton?
If there is a shop in Southampton, they will make sure the bike is
working properly for you - adjust the brakes and gears, and help you set
the saddle to the correct height.

Quick look at the Cycleworld website - they have the 2006 model for £180.