Claud Butler

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Kenny, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenny

Kenny Guest

I just bought a Claud Butler 21 Speed 'Rock' MTB for £199, any opinions on this manufacturer and was
    it a good buy ?

Tags:

2. Richard

Richard Guest

"Kenny" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I just bought a Claud Butler 21 Speed 'Rock' MTB for £199, any opinions on this manufacturer and
    > was it a good buy ?
    >
    >
    Shouldn't you have asked that before you bought it? I had a Claud Butler road bike several years
    ago, and it was very well put together. In fact I gave it to a work colleague who still rides it
    regularly on his commute. Don't know how good their MTBs are though.

3. Just Zis Guy

Just Zis Guy Guest

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:08:19 +0100, "Richard" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I had a Claud Butler road bike several years ago, and it was very well put together. In fact I gave
    >it to a work colleague who still rides it regularly on his commute. Don't know how good their MTBs
    >are though.

Mine's OK - not as good as my 1985 Claud Butler Super Dalesman tourer, but the MTB (in 2001) cost
    almost exactly a tenth of the price of the tourer (in 1985). I know of hire shops who use them, and
    they seem to stand up tolerably well.

Guy
    ===
    ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
    work. Apologies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.