Claude Butler-what year?

norman

Guest
Can anybody help. I am trying to indentify a Claude Butler road bike. I
have the frame number -51709 - and it looks like pre Reynolds 531. On
the top of the seat tube is a transfer for Prugnat who supplied lugs
and the hedad badge incorporates the five olympic rings. any
knowledgable people out there. Oh dear thats asking for trouble

norman wrote:
> Can anybody help. I am trying to indentify a Claude Butler road bike. I
> have the frame number -51709 - and it looks like pre Reynolds 531. On
> the top of the seat tube is a transfer for Prugnat who supplied lugs
> and the hedad badge incorporates the five olympic rings. any
> knowledgable people out there. Oh dear thats asking for trouble

Perhaps this page will help. All the Claud Butler catalogues are there
with ample illustrations

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/nkilgariff/

Good luck
Dan Gregory

Dan,

Thanks for that. The bike is in fact later than I thought,1966, but now
I know

Norman