Cleaning and making the bike look good

Froze

Jul 13, 2004
NE Indiana
I don't use degreasers any more, I just Dawn For Dishes (the non-citrus version), Scrub the bike down first, then do the chains and gears. There is a product called Finish Line gear floss, that's easier to move through and around the gears than a rag.

Also, I found that 409 or Fantastik spray cleaners clean the handlebar tape so well they look new, even my white bar tape, after you're done, and they work on cork tape as well.

Then rinse down the whole bike with easy flowing water, not a forceful spray.

Most lubes will tell you when you apply the lube to first run the chain backwards at least a dozen times, then to let the bike sit overnight, then wipe it off the next day, some lubes don't say anything, I still would let them set since most lubes have a carrier.

Everyone has a different way to clean their bikes, so if you a method of your own, tell us about it.

delate

Jun 26, 2022
www.calcioshop2023.com
I usually wash my bike properly once a week depending how much I ride with it. In the summer season I wax the frame once a month to keep it spotless and to upkeep the value of the bike.

cyclintom

Jan 15, 2011
Aside from saddles this is perhaps the most difficult thing to give advice on. In MY opinion the glasses should be very close to your eyebrows without quite touching them and deep enough that they completely cover the lower sides if your eyes. The rims shouldn't be so thick that they block your side view and in my case they have to be two lenses rather than one so that I can get them prescription cut so that I can read the Garmin.