Cleaning dry sweat off bike

Javier

Guest
I just removed my old aluminum bike from the trainer and noticed the
amount of salt left behind by my constant sweating. Is there a way to
remove the salt remnants off bottom of my frame?

Javier

Javier wrote:
> I just removed my old aluminum bike from the trainer and noticed the
> amount of salt left behind by my constant sweating. Is there a way to
> remove the salt remnants off bottom of my frame?
>
> Javier

application of hydrogen hydroxide should do it.

After serious thinking jim beam wrote :
> Javier wrote:
>> I just removed my old aluminum bike from the trainer and noticed the
>> amount of salt left behind by my constant sweating. Is there a way to
>> remove the salt remnants off bottom of my frame?
>>
>> Javier
>>

> application of hydrogen hydroxide should do it.

Shouldn't you mention the correct temperature range and the possible
application of the correct amount of surfactant....

On Nov 10, 11:27 pm, Javier <[email protected]> wrote:
> I just removed my old aluminum bike from the trainer and noticed the
> amount of salt left behind by my constant sweating. Is there a way to
> remove the salt remnants off bottom of my frame?
>
> Javier

I always found just rinsing with regular tap water did the trick with
aluminum; I guess distilled water or aquafina which has a very low ph
content and is one of the puriest waters easily available would work
even better.

On Nov 10, 11:27 pm, Javier <[email protected]> wrote:
> I just removed my old aluminum bike from the trainer and noticed the
> amount of salt left behind by my constant sweating. Is there a way to
> remove the salt remnants off bottom of my frame?
>
> Javier

Just add water. It was, after all, what the salt was dissolved in
when it got there.

On Nov 11, 10:15 am, [email protected] wrote:
> On Nov 10, 11:27 pm, Javier <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I just removed my old aluminum bike from the trainer and noticed the
> > amount of salt left behind by my constant sweating. Is there a way to
> > remove the salt remnants off bottom of my frame?

> > Javier

> I always found just rinsing with regular tap water did the trick with
> aluminum; I guess distilled water or aquafina which has a very low ph
> content and is one of the puriest waters easily available would work
> even better.

I hope you mean "neutral ph," as something with a "very low ph" would
be acidic.

"Javier" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I just removed my old aluminum bike from the trainer and noticed the
> amount of salt left behind by my constant sweating. Is there a way to
> remove the salt remnants off bottom of my frame?
>
> Javier

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of remedy. I always drape a
large bin liner over the front of my bike with an old towel covering it.
The towel soaks up the sweat and the bin liner prevents it from getting
on the frame/handlebars.

Phil H

datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:

> Urine. fresh cow's urine.
> drink more water.

Uh, does not one have to be a cow to produce more cow's urine by
drinking more water? ;)

Tradition is the worst rational for action.

I used the hose for the first time the other day now i have surface
rust on my chain. and on my inside wheel nut, how do i get rid of
this? fish oil or something?

On Nov 13, 8:54 am, [email protected] wrote:
> I used the hose for the first time the other day now i have surface
> rust on my chain. and on my inside wheel nut, how do i get rid of
> this? fish oil or something?

Toothbrush, ideally your wife's.

On Nov 10, 11:27 pm, Javier <[email protected]> wrote:
> I just removed my old aluminum bike from the trainer and noticed the
> amount of salt left behind by my constant sweating. Is there a way to
> remove the salt remnants off bottom of my frame?
>
> Javier

the best for me is windex mixed with water.
carlos
www.bikingthings.com
Get Faster, Enjoy Cycling, Get Fit, Live Better.

On Nov 11, 7:44 pm, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:
> datakoll wrote:
> > fresh cow's urine.

> what if it's shy?

That's sweet. A cow with a shy bladder.
You should see what they do while hooked up to the milking machine in
the dairy.
Since Europa, there's been nothing shy about a cow.

[email protected] wrote:
> On Nov 11, 7:44 pm, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> datakoll wrote:
>>> fresh cow's urine.

>> what if it's shy?

> That's sweet. A cow with a shy bladder.
> You should see what they do while hooked up to the milking machine in
> the dairy.
> Since Europa, there's been nothing shy about a cow.

I meant a shy cow as opposed to a "fresh cow". (Like, "forward" or a
/playa/.)

Bill "never good when you gots to 'splain 'em" S.

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 16:22:34 -0800, Hank Wirtz <[email protected]> wrote:
>On Nov 11, 10:15 am, [email protected] wrote:
>> On Nov 10, 11:27 pm, Javier <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> > I just removed my old aluminum bike from the trainer and noticed the
>> > amount of salt left behind by my constant sweating. Is there a way to
>> > remove the salt remnants off bottom of my frame?

>> I always found just rinsing with regular tap water did the trick with
>> aluminum; I guess distilled water or aquafina which has a very low ph
>> content and is one of the puriest waters easily available would work
>> even better.

>I hope you mean "neutral ph," as something with a "very low ph" would
>be acidic.

And as for that, distilled water is really bad for aluminium. A High
Efficiency condensing gas heater/boiler typically has loads of
condensation (ie, distilled water) coming out of the chimney and that
stuff will eat significantly away at the aluminium chimney and heater
block. You get half a cubic inch or so of aluminum oxide granules in the
sewer line coming off it every year.

Jasper