cleaning jerseys

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by byron27, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. byron27

    byron27 Guest

    does anyone know how to totally remove grease from a jersey?. i hav
    tried pre-wash stain removers but they hardly remove the mark at all
    Any home tried and tested methods around

    -

    Tags:

  2. amirm

    amirm Guest

    byron27 wrote:
    > does anyone know how to totally remove grease from a jersey?. i have
    > tried pre-wash stain removers but they hardly remove the mark at all.
    > Any home tried and tested methods around?

    Haven't tried yet, but I would use some kerosene locally which woul
    dissolve the grease. Once the stain is removed, I'd wash with suds a
    usual to remove the kerosen trace. I don't expect kerosene to harm th
    printings on the jersey, but as I said, I haven't tried yet

    Cheers, Amir

    -

  3. bigW

    bigW Guest

    byron27 wrote:
    > does anyone know how to totally remove grease from a jersey?. i have
    > tried pre-wash stain removers but they hardly remove the mark at all.
    > Any home tried and tested methods around?

    try some citrus degreaser, like the stuff you get for your chain, its
    bit more gentle than kero, and smells alot better ...

    -

  4. byron27

    byron27 Guest

    bigW wrote:
    > try some citrus degreaser, like the stuff you get for your chain, its a
    > bit more gentle than kero, and smells alot better ....

    i have a bit of a thing for napisan (maybe its the great tv ads..) bu
    will try the citrus degreaser. apparently napisan shouldnt be used fo
    bike jerseys. Has anyone heard anything about this

    -

  5. In article <[email protected]>,
    byron27 <[email protected]> wrote:

    > apparently napisan shouldnt be used for
    > bike jerseys. Has anyone heard anything about this?

    It's never caused problems here. I just use it as a wash rather than for soaking.

    -- Shane