cleaning jerseys

byron27

Guest
does anyone know how to totally remove grease from a jersey?. i hav
tried pre-wash stain removers but they hardly remove the mark at all
Any home tried and tested methods around

-

byron27 wrote:
> does anyone know how to totally remove grease from a jersey?. i have
> tried pre-wash stain removers but they hardly remove the mark at all.
> Any home tried and tested methods around?

Haven't tried yet, but I would use some kerosene locally which woul
dissolve the grease. Once the stain is removed, I'd wash with suds a
usual to remove the kerosen trace. I don't expect kerosene to harm th
printings on the jersey, but as I said, I haven't tried yet

Cheers, Amir

-

byron27 wrote:
> does anyone know how to totally remove grease from a jersey?. i have
> tried pre-wash stain removers but they hardly remove the mark at all.
> Any home tried and tested methods around?

try some citrus degreaser, like the stuff you get for your chain, its
bit more gentle than kero, and smells alot better ...

-

bigW wrote:
> try some citrus degreaser, like the stuff you get for your chain, its a
> bit more gentle than kero, and smells alot better ....

i have a bit of a thing for napisan (maybe its the great tv ads..) bu
will try the citrus degreaser. apparently napisan shouldnt be used fo
bike jerseys. Has anyone heard anything about this

-

In article <[email protected]>,
byron27 <[email protected]> wrote:

> apparently napisan shouldnt be used for
> bike jerseys. Has anyone heard anything about this?

It's never caused problems here. I just use it as a wash rather than for soaking.

-- Shane