cleaning jerseys



Status
Not open for further replies.

byron27

New Member
Oct 19, 2003
919
1
0
47
does anyone know how to totally remove grease from a jersey?.
i have tried pre-wash stain removers but they hardly remove the mark at all. Any home tried and tested methods around?
 

amirm

New Member
Jul 20, 2003
245
0
0
Haven't tried yet, but I would use some kerosene locally which would dissolve the grease. Once the stain is removed, I'd wash with suds as usual to remove the kerosen trace. I don't expect kerosene to harm the printings on the jersey, but as I said, I haven't tried yet.

Cheers,
Amir.

Originally posted by byron27
does anyone know how to totally remove grease from a jersey?.
i have tried pre-wash stain removers but they hardly remove the mark at all. Any home tried and tested methods around?
 

bigW

New Member
Sep 24, 2003
35
0
0
47
Originally posted by byron27
does anyone know how to totally remove grease from a jersey?.
i have tried pre-wash stain removers but they hardly remove the mark at all. Any home tried and tested methods around?

try some citrus degreaser, like the stuff you get for your chain, its a bit more gentle than kero, and smells alot better ....
 

byron27

New Member
Oct 19, 2003
919
1
0
47
Originally posted by bigW
try some citrus degreaser, like the stuff you get for your chain, its a bit more gentle than kero, and smells alot better ....

i have a bit of a thing for napisan (maybe its the great tv ads..) but will try the citrus degreaser. apparently napisan shouldnt be used for bike jerseys. Has anyone heard anything about this?
 
S

Shane Stanley

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
byron27 <[email protected]> wrote:

> apparently napisan shouldnt be used for bike jerseys. Has anyone heard anything about this?

It's never caused problems here. I just use it as a wash rather than for soaking.

-- Shane
 
Status
Not open for further replies.