cleaning oven doors

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by kalanamak, Feb 5, 2005.

  1. kalanamak

    kalanamak Guest

    The "clean" cycle does not take off the black baked-on dribbles down the
    inside glass of my oven door. It is a nice new stove, and this is
    unsightly. Anyone have an idea how to get it off? Even vigous rubbing
    with a terry cloth left scratches.
    TIA
    blacksalt

    Tags:

  2. On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:11:07 -0800, kalanamak <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The "clean" cycle does not take off the black baked-on dribbles down the
    >inside glass of my oven door. It is a nice new stove, and this is
    >unsightly. Anyone have an idea how to get it off? Even vigous rubbing
    >with a terry cloth left scratches.

    You can get that off easily with no-fume oven cleaner. I don't recall what
    brand I use, but it isn't nasty. It'll say on the can that it's no-fume.
    Works great on lots of things.

    Carol

  3. [email protected] - blacksalt tells and wonders....
    >The "clean" cycle does not take off the
    >black baked-on dribbles down the inside
    >glass of my oven door. It is a nice new
    >stove, and this is unsightly. Anyone have
    >an idea how to get it off? Even vigous
    >rubbing with a terry cloth left scratches.

    This OP reminded me of a try I meant to do, so I've just proved my
    suspicion was correct. I do not know where you are, but if in the US,
    get yourself a bottle of Dawn's "Power Dissolver" for this. I buy it
    here on the US west coast, and use it now for anything I used to soak
    overnight, or have had to scrub endlessly. It's a pleasant smelling,
    foamy white concentrate that is packaged in a somewhat small blue spray
    bottle, found in my grocer's within the other heavy duty sorts of liquid
    kitchen cleansers. Spray it on, let it sit for some minutes (not even
    an hour is needed here), then scrub it off with a simple, non-metal
    scrubbing "cloth" (mine are those dark green, single ones that are also
    found adhered to yellow sponges to add a scrubbing side). This product
    is one I'll always want in my kitchen; I've used it on all sorts of
    glass, metal, and plastic surfaces, and it's not at all harmful to one's
    skin as well.

    Picky ~JA~

  4. cher

    cher Guest

    Oooooops....sent this to your email instead of the group....
    Don't know if anyone else has suggested this, but re-warm the oven, and then
    using a clean cloth and some white vinegar should remove most of it, repeat
    if necessary, rinsing off with some hot suds and then some clean water. Dry
    using kitchen paper and buff up if it is glass.

    Keep woking.....Cher

    "kalanamak" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The "clean" cycle does not take off the black baked-on dribbles down the
    > inside glass of my oven door. It is a nice new stove, and this is
    > unsightly. Anyone have an idea how to get it off? Even vigous rubbing
    > with a terry cloth left scratches.
    > TIA
    > blacksalt

  5. Vox Humana

    Vox Humana Guest

    "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:11:07 -0800, kalanamak <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >The "clean" cycle does not take off the black baked-on dribbles down the
    > >inside glass of my oven door. It is a nice new stove, and this is
    > >unsightly. Anyone have an idea how to get it off? Even vigous rubbing
    > >with a terry cloth left scratches.

    > You can get that off easily with no-fume oven cleaner. I don't recall

    what
    > brand I use, but it isn't nasty. It'll say on the can that it's no-fume.
    > Works great on lots of things.

    I also use oven cleaner, although I prefer the heavy-duty version in the
    yellow can.