cleaning tubular glue from rims?

serg

Guest
what's the best way? these are carbon rims with aluminum braking and
tire mounting surfaces (old HED Jet's). thanks!

serg wrote:
> what's the best way? these are carbon rims with aluminum braking and
> tire mounting surfaces (old HED Jet's). thanks!

Not wanting to mess with acetone, and not being compulsive about having
spotless rims I use a dull screw driver to scrape the glue into globs
that I can pull off. I get the rims surprisingly clean this way,
probably cleaner than they would be if I had to rely on acetone,
because I'd wind up not bothering and just putting on another layer of
glue.

On 29 Jun 2005 15:10:41 -0700, "serg" <[email protected]> wrote:

>what's the best way? these are carbon rims with aluminum braking and
>tire mounting surfaces (old HED Jet's). thanks!

Acetone and nitrile gloves. Sometimes, the cheapest way to get small
quantities of acetone is to buy nail polish remover...
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.