Clear Eyewear... suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by KittyHawk1, Aug 29, 2007.

1. KittyHawk1

KittyHawk1 New Member

I would appreciate suggestions on quality, yet pretty inexpensive clear eyewear for evening/night riding. boy, those bugs are pretty mean-spirited after 7pm, ya know. thanks.

Tags:

2. Freehub

Freehub New Member

The Tifosi slip is around 50 bucs and comes with interchangeable lenses, one of which is clear.
    http://www.tifosioptics.com/interchangeable/slip.html

3. Oruboris

Oruboris New Member

Consider a yellow lens. If I understand the physics, by blocking most of the blue light, it actually causes your blue receptors to go into overdrive. Visual equivalent of turning up the volume.

I really like my smith catalyst glasses. Came with 4 sets of lenses, grey polarized, tobacco, yellow, clear. As the days get shorter I keep the yellows in my pack in case I get caught out, only takes a second to switch. I find I only use the dark grey lenses for mid day rides, most of the time I use the tobaccos.

Very light, comfortable for my face. I never loose glasses, but I scratch 'em, and the extra lenses mean I will still get some use from them even if I scratch my favs.

4. Xsmoker

Xsmoker New Member

Go to the hardware store and check out the safety glasses.

These are made by Gateway Safety the model is Scorpion. I don't know what they cost, I borrow them from work. Uvex also makes quality safety glasses.

[​IMG]

5. Elyes

Elyes New Member

6. Cycler6n

Cycler6n New Member

they keep all the bugs and dirt out of your eyes?

7. killthecar

killthecar New Member

http://www.essgoggles.com/ICE-NARO_135_detail.html
    ^^^ sells military balistic grade glasses for around 45 dollars. The basic package comes with 2 lenses (clear and tinted), an anti-fog wipe, and a case. They look great, fit well, and cover your eyes completely. I love mine.

good luck with the hunt, hope this helped

8. niucyclist22

niucyclist22 New Member

Hey there, my lbs was selling serfas brand glasses, so I bought a pair. They come w/ 4 interchangable lenses(which once you get good at you can do while driving). Here is the website: www.serfasoptics.com. They are amazing glasses, I'd advise them. Hope this helps somewhat!

9. Xsmoker

Xsmoker New Member

Yes, and cheep also campared to sport glasses.

10. Cycler6n

Cycler6n New Member

wow, I'll look into those, cause I dodn't want to pay $100 for a pair of cycling glasses