Clear Eyewear... suggestions?

KittyHawk1

Aug 14, 2007
I would appreciate suggestions on quality, yet pretty inexpensive clear eyewear for evening/night riding. boy, those bugs are pretty mean-spirited after 7pm, ya know. thanks.

Consider a yellow lens. If I understand the physics, by blocking most of the blue light, it actually causes your blue receptors to go into overdrive. Visual equivalent of turning up the volume.

I really like my smith catalyst glasses. Came with 4 sets of lenses, grey polarized, tobacco, yellow, clear. As the days get shorter I keep the yellows in my pack in case I get caught out, only takes a second to switch. I find I only use the dark grey lenses for mid day rides, most of the time I use the tobaccos.

Very light, comfortable for my face. I never loose glasses, but I scratch 'em, and the extra lenses mean I will still get some use from them even if I scratch my favs.

Go to the hardware store and check out the safety glasses.

These are made by Gateway Safety the model is Scorpion. I don't know what they cost, I borrow them from work. Uvex also makes quality safety glasses.

Safetyglasses.jpg

Xsmoker said:
Go to the hardware store and check out the safety glasses.

These are made by Gateway Safety the model is Scorpion. I don't know what they cost, I borrow them from work. Uvex also makes quality safety glasses.

Safetyglasses.jpg
they keep all the bugs and dirt out of your eyes?

KittyHawk1 said:
I would appreciate suggestions on quality, yet pretty inexpensive clear eyewear for evening/night riding. boy, those bugs are pretty mean-spirited after 7pm, ya know. thanks.

http://www.essgoggles.com/ICE-NARO_135_detail.html
^^^ sells military balistic grade glasses for around 45 dollars. The basic package comes with 2 lenses (clear and tinted), an anti-fog wipe, and a case. They look great, fit well, and cover your eyes completely. I love mine.

good luck with the hunt, hope this helped

Hey there, my lbs was selling serfas brand glasses, so I bought a pair. They come w/ 4 interchangable lenses(which once you get good at you can do while driving). Here is the website: www.serfasoptics.com. They are amazing glasses, I'd advise them. Hope this helps somewhat!