Clearing Cateye Computer

Arthur Shapiro

Guest
Anyone know a trick for clearing the annual mileage from a Cateye AT100?
(That's the one with the altimeter).

I left the battery out all night and it didn't help. They must have the value
burned into non-volatile memory. The manual is no help.

Art

Arthur Shapiro wrote:
> Anyone know a trick for clearing the annual mileage from a Cateye AT100?
> (That's the one with the altimeter).
>
> I left the battery out all night and it didn't help. They must have the value
> burned into non-volatile memory. The manual is no help.
>
> Art

Art -

Did you try pressing S/S, Mode and Set buttons simultaneously?

Regards,

Tom

Arthur Shapiro wrote:
> Anyone know a trick for clearing the annual mileage from a Cateye
> AT100? (That's the one with the altimeter).
>
> I left the battery out all night and it didn't help. They must have
> the value burned into non-volatile memory. The manual is no help.

Wow, mine lost all its settings WAY too easily recently.

See if there's a recessed "reset" button on the back. Stick a pen point in
there.

Bill "all I was trying to do was change the clock an hour" S.

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 15:00:28 GMT, [email protected] (Arthur
Shapiro) wrote:

>Anyone know a trick for clearing the annual mileage from a Cateye AT100?
>(That's the one with the altimeter).
>
>I left the battery out all night and it didn't help. They must have the value
>burned into non-volatile memory. The manual is no help.

manual says, "Not resettable."
http://www.cateye.com/sites/cateye/upload/manuals/en/AT100(E)v7.pdf

---
Bob Anderson*Bitwisebob
Eugene Oregon

> Anyone know a trick for clearing the annual mileage from a Cateye AT100?
> (That's the one with the altimeter).
>
> I left the battery out all night and it didn't help. They must have the
> value
> burned into non-volatile memory. The manual is no help.

As someone else pointed out, the manual claims the unit cannot be reset. But
I doubt that's really the case.

Instead of just removing the battery overnight, try putting it in backward
(upside down). That will short out the contacts and possibly cause it to
completely reset when you reinstall it correctly. You still might have to
leave it that way overnight.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Arthur Shapiro wrote:
> > Anyone know a trick for clearing the annual mileage from a Cateye
> > AT100? (That's the one with the altimeter).
> >
> > I left the battery out all night and it didn't help. They must have
> > the value burned into non-volatile memory. The manual is no help.

> Wow, mine lost all its settings WAY too easily recently.
>
> See if there's a recessed "reset" button on the back. Stick a pen point in
> there.
>
> Bill "all I was trying to do was change the clock an hour" S.

Me too. I reset my AT100 to 0 odometer by accident. It is most
definitely resettable. I think the not resettable comment someone
mentions below refers to the fact you cannot manually change the
odometer miles. The only resetting is 0. Unlike the Endura/Mity where
you can change the odometer to 0 or any number you like. I wish the
AT100 had this option since after accidentally resetting mine to 0, I
have to remembeer what the old odometer number is.

In article <[email protected]>, Tom Schmitz <[email protected]> wrote:
>Did you try pressing S/S, Mode and Set buttons simultaneously?

Tom, I thought so but I guess not, for when I tried it this afternoon it
worked. Thanks!

I put the bike on the rack, put a bunch of magnets on the wheel, and spun it
for a few minutes to reach the day's mileage. So we're golden.

Then I was wondering how in the world I'd get the altitude correct. By some
miracle the three button reset cleared last year's altitude (244,300') as
might have been expected, and applied today's altitude as the cumulative
value! I can't believe it - that really boggles the mind.

So we're set - no pun intended. This really should be in the owner's manual;
I've owned the unit going on three years and never had problems on previous
new years.

Art

In article <[email protected]>,

--