Cleat Adjustment question

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Bnnt, May 15, 2003.

  1. Bnnt

    Bnnt Guest

    Is it worth the $12.00 to have my LBS adjust the cleats on new shoes and pedals, or is this
    something I should be able to tweak on my own. I believe I have read that more power will be
    generated if the cleat is on ball of the foot, and believe I have it there, but just wanted to get
    the opinions of some others out there.

    Thanks in advance, Bennet

    Tags:

  2. Rivermist

    Rivermist Guest

    Save your money, you can do it.

  3. Bnnt wrote:

    > Is it worth the $12.00 to have my LBS adjust the cleats on new shoes and pedals, or is this
    > something I should be able to tweak on my own. I believe I have read that more power will be
    > generated if the cleat is on ball of the foot, and believe I have it there, but just wanted to get
    > the opinions of some others out there.

    Cleat adjustment is a pretty personal thing. I prefer mine with the cleat all the way back, which
    put my foot pretty far forward on the pedal. It may not give me as much power but it eliminates the
    knee pain I've felt everytime I've had a shop do this adjustment for me. There's a tradeoff here so,
    if you're happy the way you are now, I'd be loath to mess with it. The difference isn't going to be
    much and you can experiment on your own if you're so inclined at any point in the future.

    -S-

  4. How do cowbells help your pedal stroking?

    news:<[email protected]>...