Cleat question

everogere

Oct 4, 2006
Well its finally happened, after spending several months contemplating whether to change my toe clips and straps to clip ins I have finally done it. My greatest fear was not being able to get my feet out quick enough and yes you guessed it, it happened today on my way to work. While cycling on a cycle path, a lady with a large bike and a wicker basket came round the same corner in the middle of the path causing me to apply the brakes. we avoided a collison but forgetting to twist my foot outwards i ended up on the floor with the lady looking down at me asking if I was alright !!! how embarrising !!! Anyway my question is...... my cleats are the normal one way type and I was wondering if the multi release type would be easier to release in an emergency. Any thoughts please ????

Lean against a wall and practice. Clipping in and out will soon become second nature.

You just need to get used to twisting instead of sliding back. After a few rides, it'll be second nature.

yes, as above: enough practise will eventually make it second nature.

Also, perhaps loosen the release tension for a while so you can unclip much easier

It has probably happened to all of us, once.
Like others have said, it takes practice and then it will become second nature.
You could also learn how to track stand :D

Hasn't happened to me since I went back to toe clips ansd straps!:rolleyes: