Cleat Questions Regarding hot foot

Barbara Larrain

Guest
Recently after making some seat height changes I am now getting some hot
feet issues. I am trying moving the cleats around but not having much luck.
Any ideas? I have spd.

Does moving the cleat back put ones foot more forward or is it the other way
around?

Thanks,

Barb L

"Barbara Larrain" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<o1hEc.173348$3x.72107@attbi_s54>...
> Recently after making some seat height changes I am now getting some hot
> feet issues. I am trying moving the cleats around but not having much luck.
> Any ideas? I have spd.
>
> Does moving the cleat back put ones foot more forward or is it the other way
> around?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Barb L

I have heard Lon Haldeman cures hot foot on his PAC Tours by moving
the cleat as far back as possible. Moving the cleat back pushes the
foot forward on the pedal so you are pedaling more with the part of
your foot behind the ball of your foot. Pedaling more flat footed.

"Barbara Larrain" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<o1hEc.173348$3x.72107@attbi_s54>...
> Recently after making some seat height changes I am now getting some hot
> feet issues. I am trying moving the cleats around but not having much luck.
> Any ideas? I have spd.
>
> Does moving the cleat back put ones foot more forward or is it the other way
> around?

Here are a few suggestions.

Move the cleat back along the sole of your shoe, so your foot is
further forward over the pedal.

Leave your shoes (laces, latches or velcro straps) a litle loose on
our feet.

Try shoes one size bigger.

Cultivate a smooth, round pedalling action instead of mashing down on
the pedals.

Keep the gears a little lower and pedal at a higher cadence.

Become aware of muscle tone in your feet, so that part of the
pedalling force comes from your toes, not just the ball of the foot.

Wriggle your toes in your shoes from time to time.

Good luck.