Cleat Questions Regarding hot foot

Barbara Larrain

Guest
Recently after making some seat height changes I am now
getting some hot feet issues. I am trying moving the cleats
around but not having much luck. Any ideas? I have spd.

Does moving the cleat back put ones foot more forward or is
it the other way around?

Thanks,

Barb L

"Barbara Larrain" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<o1hEc.173348$3x.72107@attbi_s54>...
> Recently after making some seat height changes I am now
> getting some hot feet issues. I am trying moving the
> cleats around but not having much luck. Any ideas? I
> have spd.
>
> Does moving the cleat back put ones foot more forward or
> is it the other way around?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Barb L

I have heard Lon Haldeman cures hot foot on his PAC Tours by
moving the cleat as far back as possible. Moving the cleat
back pushes the foot forward on the pedal so you are
pedaling more with the part of your foot behind the ball of
your foot. Pedaling more flat footed.

"Barbara Larrain" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<o1hEc.173348$3x.72107@attbi_s54>...
> Recently after making some seat height changes I am now
> getting some hot feet issues. I am trying moving the
> cleats around but not having much luck. Any ideas? I
> have spd.
>
> Does moving the cleat back put ones foot more forward or
> is it the other way around?

Here are a few suggestions.

Move the cleat back along the sole of your shoe, so your
foot is further forward over the pedal.

Leave your shoes (laces, latches or velcro straps) a litle
loose on our feet.

Try shoes one size bigger.

Cultivate a smooth, round pedalling action instead of
mashing down on the pedals.

Keep the gears a little lower and pedal at a higher cadence.

Become aware of muscle tone in your feet, so that part of
the pedalling force comes from your toes, not just the ball
of the foot.

Wriggle your toes in your shoes from time to time.

Good luck.