Cleats

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Martin Bulmer, Sep 27, 2004.

  1. As a follow-up to the Aldi pedals and shoes purchase, whereby my new Aldi
    cleats don't fit my old Welgo pedals, but my old Welgo cleats do fit my new
    Aldi pedals, I thought I'd get some new cleats (as advised on this
    newsgroup), so that new shoes can work both bikes.
    I went to my LBS.
    No cleats.
    No call for them (despite having some clipless pedals on show, and some
    suitable shoes.)
    This shop has 4 or 5 ENORMOUS bikes, like the choppers in Easy Rider lost
    their engines, and ranges down to miniature bikes you could put in your
    pocket. It even has a miniature TANDEM, for God's sake, about 2 feet long.
    There's LOADS of call for those.

    --

    Martin Bulmer

    Tags:

  2. davek

    davek Guest

    Martin Bulmer wrote:
    > No call for them

    Isn't it funny how the phrase "No call for them" only ever comes out
    when someone is calling for them.

    I suspect that all retailers have to undergo a logic bypass before
    starting their business.

    > There's LOADS of call for those.

    Did you ask them how many they had sold recently? It might have helped
    to illustrate the point.

    d.

  3. Sue White

    Sue White Guest

    Martin Bulmer <[email protected]> whizzed past me shouting
    >As a follow-up to the Aldi pedals and shoes purchase, whereby my new Aldi
    >cleats don't fit my old Welgo pedals, but my old Welgo cleats do fit my new
    >Aldi pedals, I thought I'd get some new cleats (as advised on this
    >newsgroup), so that new shoes can work both bikes.
    >I went to my LBS.
    >No cleats.

    So buy 'em by mail order - Wiggle sell Wellgo cleats, though (oddly
    enough) not Aldi ones.

    If your LBS doesn't sell shoes, you wouldn't expect it to sell cleats.
    Even if it does sell shoes, I don't know how common some of these cleat
    systems are compared to Shimano clones.

    AIUI, tiny performing-monkey bikes are a fashion accessory and are
    ridden (if at all) with flat pedals and trainers whose laces are left
    undone.
    I'd pay to see the tandem in action!

    --
    Sue ];:))

    What goes down must come up again - Confucius' Law of Mountain Biking

  4. In news:[email protected],
    Sue White <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Martin Bulmer <[email protected]> whizzed past me
    > shouting
    >> As a follow-up to the Aldi pedals and shoes purchase, whereby my new
    >> Aldi cleats don't fit my old Welgo pedals, but my old Welgo cleats
    >> do fit my new Aldi pedals, I thought I'd get some new cleats (as
    >> advised on this newsgroup), so that new shoes can work both bikes.
    >> I went to my LBS.
    >> No cleats.

    > So buy 'em by mail order - Wiggle sell Wellgo cleats, though (oddly
    > enough) not Aldi ones.
    >
    > If your LBS doesn't sell shoes, you wouldn't expect it to sell cleats.
    > Even if it does sell shoes, I don't know how common some of these
    > cleat systems are compared to Shimano clones.
    >
    > AIUI, tiny performing-monkey bikes are a fashion accessory and are
    > ridden (if at all) with flat pedals and trainers whose laces are left
    > undone.
    > I'd pay to see the tandem in action!

    Especially with laces undone - all that flappy shoe lace near all those
    chewy teeth.
    --

    Martin Bulmer