Cleats

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 03:30:16 +0000, Jesse Nowells did issue forth:

> How often should cleats be replaced?

When they wear out.

In a brief moment of lucidity Jesse Nowells scribbled:

> How often should cleats be replaced?

When they've worn enough that any more tightening of the release doesn't keep them clipped in .. or
earlier if you don't want to find this point .. ;)

--

Completed 1517 Seti work units in 11326 hours http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

news:[email protected]...
> In a brief moment of lucidity Jesse Nowells scribbled:
>
> > How often should cleats be replaced?
>
> When they've worn enough that any more tightening of the release doesn't keep them clipped in ..
> or earlier if you don't want to find this point .. ;)
>
> --

> Completed 1517 Seti work units in 11326 hours http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

I don't agree, I have found that worn cleats seem to begin to make it tougher to disengage, which is
when I replace them.

In a brief moment of lucidity Craig Brossman scribbled:

> news:[email protected]...
>> In a brief moment of lucidity Jesse Nowells scribbled:
>>
>>> How often should cleats be replaced?
>>
>> When they've worn enough that any more tightening of the release doesn't keep them clipped in ..
>> or earlier if you don't want to find this point .. ;)
>>
> I don't agree, I have found that worn cleats seem to begin to make it tougher to disengage, which
> is when I replace them.

In my case they released easier and easier .. ;)

Shimano shoes, cleats and pedals .. a 'matching' set, on a Shimano chainset ..

--

Completed 1519 Seti work units in 11342 hours http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

news:[email protected]...
> In a brief moment of lucidity Craig Brossman scribbled:
>

> > news:[email protected]...
> >> In a brief moment of lucidity Jesse Nowells scribbled:

> >> When they've worn enough that any more tightening of the release doesn't keep them clipped in
> >> .. or earlier if you don't want to find this point .. ;)
> >>
> > I don't agree, I have found that worn cleats seem to begin to make it tougher to disengage,
> > which is when I replace them.
>
> In my case they released easier and easier .. ;)

IME they release easier and easier until they then don't release at all.

Mike

In a brief moment of lucidity Michael Dart scribbled:

> news:[email protected]...
>> In a brief moment of lucidity Craig Brossman scribbled:
>>

>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> I don't agree, I have found that worn cleats seem to begin to make it tougher to disengage,
>>> which is when I replace them.
>>
>> In my case they released easier and easier .. ;)
>>

> IME they release easier and easier until they then don't release at all.
>
> Mike

Heheheh, I never got to the point where they didn't release .. ;)

--

Completed 1512 Seti work units in 11357 hours http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

news:[email protected]...
> In a brief moment of lucidity Michael Dart scribbled:

Hey, you gotta catch me when you can....;^)

> > news:[email protected]...
> >> In a brief moment of lucidity Craig Brossman scribbled:

> >> In my case they released easier and easier .. ;)
> >>

> > IME they release easier and easier until they then don't release at all.
> >
> > Mike
>
> Heheheh, I never got to the point where they didn't release .. ;)

...can you say 'Horizontal track stand'?

Mike

"Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 03:30:16 +0000, Jesse Nowells did issue forth:
>
> > How often should cleats be replaced?
>
> When they wear out.

Gee, I never saw that answer coming.

Apart from the obvious - "Twice as long as half it's length" answer - How long is a piece of string?

Trentus

"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... <snip>
> ...can you say 'Horizontal track stand'?
>
> Mike

LOL That was one of the funniest comments I've come upon in a while. It's especially poignant to me
after a horizontal track stand cost me my GPS unit yesterday.

Trentus

In a brief moment of lucidity Michael Dart scribbled:

>> Heheheh, I never got to the point where they didn't release .. ;)
>>

> ...can you say 'Horizontal track stand'?

LOL .. I am familiar with the term, but only once ... when strapped into toe clips and the release
snapped as I released .. ;)

--

Completed 1526 Seti work units in 11416 hours http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/