Clement Tire Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blmuzzy

I have some Clement tires of unknown specification. Can anyone help?

All are Clement sewups and the following is what the label says (in addition to Clement brand label)
& what I know of them. All appear to be of the same age, maybe 5 yrs old(?) They were given to me so
I don't have the details. I'd like to know more about the weight, casing, or intended use (e.g. 6
day, sprint) of the following:

"Model" - my description

"Clement 230 Servicio Pista" - 230 gm track cotton "Clement 190 Servicio Pista" - 190 gm track
cotton "Clement Seta Servicio Pista" - track silk "Clement Seta" - silk probably track judging by
weight & tread "Nuovo Super Seta Extra Servicio Corse" - road, light silk casing

Thanks, Bob

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:19:31 -0500, BLMuzzy wrote:

> I have some Clement tires of unknown specification. Can anyone help?
>
> All are Clement sewups and the following is what the label says (in addition to Clement brand
> label) & what I know of them. All appear to be of the same age, maybe 5 yrs old(?) They were given
> to me so I don't have the details. I'd like to know more about the weight, casing, or intended use
> (e.g. 6 day, sprint) of the following:
>
> "Model" - my description
>
> "Clement 230 Servicio Pista" - 230 gm track cotton "Clement 190 Servicio Pista" - 190 gm track
> cotton "Clement Seta Servicio Pista" - track silk "Clement Seta" - silk probably track judging by
> weight & tread "Nuovo Super Seta Extra Servicio Corse" - road, light silk casing

Nope, I can't tell enough by that. You'll have to send them to me so I can examine them. Especially
the "Super Seta Extra Servicio Corse".

The "Clement Seta" track tire was the standard track racing tire for years. I don't recall what the
weight was supposed to be, but I would guess about 190g. The "Clement Seta Extra" road tires were
about 225g or
250g. The 250 used to have that number on it, IIRC. But these are newer than what I rode, and I do
not recall the "Servicio Corsa" on the label. Is there a cross-hatch tread pattern on the
road tire?

If the tubes are not rotted these are, at least the silk ones, excellent tires.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not _`\(,_ | certain, and as
far as they are certain, they do not refer to (_)/ (_) | reality. -- Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.