Cletus is in trouble

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Tom Blum, Aug 11, 2003.

  1. Tom Blum

    Tom Blum Guest

    I just looked at the Bachetta Spaero. It appears to be a Titanium Giro to
    me. How can Cletus say no???

    <n>
    --
    Miles of Smiles,

    Tom Blum Winter Haven, Florida Homebuilts: SWB Tour Easy Clone Speed Machine Clone

    www.gate.net/~teblum

    Tags:

  2. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    > I just looked at the Bachetta Spaero. It appears to be a Titanium Giro to
    > me. How can Cletus say no???

    I'm still lobbying for the Bacchetta Viaggio (traveler).

    BTW, the SP in Spaero stands for 'Short Person' (They say 'Special Package' but we know they are
    just being politically correct) So that makes it a SP Aero. I am glad the 6' John and the others at
    Bacchetta are listening and responsive to the rest of us.

    I haven't heard a price yet but I expect it might mean the difference between me getting that
    bike and my next Europe tour. (Well the tour after next). Besides, I haven't got 4000 miles on
    my Giro yet.

    We will have to see when my pocketbook will recover from Denmark. I am afraid it won't be soon.
    Denmark is an expensive place compared to others I've been to in Europe.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  3. The Bacchetta Spaero was a BIG hit at the MRR. They could have sold some on the spot. Should be
    available in the spring. I have two sold as soon as they are. Part of the Bacchetta plan is to
    actually listen to their dealers and their customers. Imagine that!

    Inc 1-800-586-6645 "Tom Blum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I just looked at the Bachetta Spaero. It appears to be a Titanium Giro to
    > me. How can Cletus say no???
    >

    > <G>
    > --
    > Miles of Smiles,
    >
    > Tom Blum Winter Haven, Florida Homebuilts: SWB Tour Easy Clone Speed Machine Clone
    >
    > www.gate.net/~teblum

  4. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    Where can I find pictures of this?

  5. Don

    Don Guest

    Cletus, You have it wrong. It is "Special Person" :). You know who we are.

    I think B needed something affordable at a "tweener" price before they needed a Ti Giro. Something
    like a Corsa level Giro. Expect the SPAero to be priced close to the Aero. I rolled my own.

    Note: I am not knocking Ti. I have a Merlin road bike and Ti is a fantastic ride (especially with a
    good carbon fork).

    Cletus Lee <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > I just looked at the Bachetta Spaero. It appears to be a Titanium Giro to
    > > me. How can Cletus say no???
    > >

    > I'm still lobbying for the Bacchetta Viaggio (traveler).
    >
    > BTW, the SP in Spaero stands for 'Short Person' (They say 'Special Package' but we know they are
    > just being politically correct) So that makes it a SP Aero. I am glad the 6' John and the others
    > at Bacchetta are listening and responsive to the rest of us.
    >
    > I haven't heard a price yet but I expect it might mean the difference between me getting that
    > bike and my next Europe tour. (Well the tour after next). Besides, I haven't got 4000 miles on my
    > Giro yet.
    >
    > We will have to see when my pocketbook will recover from Denmark. I am afraid it won't be soon.
    > Denmark is an expensive place compared to others I've been to in Europe.

  6. Carol Cohen

    Carol Cohen Guest

    "Denny Voorhees" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > It can be found on the photo's section of The Bacchetta_Bikes yahoo egroup.
    > but not broken"

    Whoa -- is this or is this not a Bacchetta that a vertically challenged cyclist would fit? Can I get
    a straight answer to the xseam range for this bike?

    C.C., 38.5"

  7. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    > The Bacchetta Spaero was a BIG hit at the MRR. They could have sold some on the spot. Should
    > be available in the spring. I have two sold as soon as they are. Part of the Bacchetta plan
    > is to actually listen to their dealers and their customers. Imagine that!

    You know, I think this should probably be included in the "Bacchetta got it right" thread

    Bacchetta can trace it's heritage back to RANS, another company with a good track record to being
    responsive to customers.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  8. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    > "Denny Voorhees" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > It can be found on the photo's section of The Bacchetta_Bikes yahoo egroup.
    > > but not broken"
    >
    > Whoa -- is this or is this not a Bacchetta that a vertically challenged cyclist would fit? Can I
    > get a straight answer to the xseam range for this bike?
    >
    > C.C., 38.5"

    Carol, This IS your next bike.

    According to John Schlitter this bike fits riders no taller than 5 inches...

    Quoting from Yahoos's Bacchetta_Bikes ยท Bacchetta Bicycles Group:

    "This little baby can easily fit riders down under the 5" mark and I can ride it (6')."

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  9. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
  10. Chere

    Chere Guest

    Hi Carol, Maybe they'll give us a GROUP RATE... I'm ready to order, are you? Chere

  11. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    > > Is it anywhere that I do not have to join a group to view it? Derek
    >
    > Derek,
    >
    > You have to join to view the photo. Just sign up for a Yahoo ID and you can use their email, IM,
    > Calendar, Groups, etc. It's free and there are several Yahoo recumbent groups.
    >
    > John
    >
    > http://edit.yahoo.com/config/eval_register?.intl=us&.src=ygrp&new=1&.done=ht
    > tp://groups.yahoo.com%2F

    Not to mention all the wonderfull email advertisements for body part enlargement that get delivered
    to your yahoo email address...

    Seriously, I think everyone needs a second email box to send all the SPAM to.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  12. Dean Arthur

    Dean Arthur Guest

    >...Just sign up for a Yahoo ID

    And agree to let Yahoo do whatever it wants with the info one posts to its site during registration.

    I think NOT!

  13. "Dean Arthur" skrev...
    > >...Just sign up for a Yahoo ID
    >
    > And agree to let Yahoo do whatever it wants with the info one posts to its site during
    > registration.
    >
    > I think NOT!

    Well who says you have to fill it out truthfully? :) Just get some spammail addy at Hotmail or
    whatever and all the spam goes there.

    M.

  14. Dean Arthur

    Dean Arthur Guest

    Need s/w to enable return of spam to source automatically upon receipt. Whover comes up with this
    will be millionaire in weeks if not sooner.

  15. On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:03:10 -0600, Dean Arthur <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Need s/w to enable return of spam to source automatically upon receipt. Whover comes up with this
    > will be millionaire in weeks if not sooner.

    Like MailWasher? It's not very effective because most spam use fake return addresses. This is a
    fundamental limitation of the Internet e-mail system and there is no way to prevent this short of
    creating an entirely new and independent e-mail network.

  16. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    > >...Just sign up for a Yahoo ID
    >
    > And agree to let Yahoo do whatever it wants with the info one posts to its site during
    > registration.
    >
    > I think NOT!

    Actually, if you dig deep enough, Yahoo has user preferences that let you turn off the permission to
    let yahoo sell your information or send you unsolicited junk mail.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  17. Chere

    Chere Guest

    I have a Yahoo! account and have far less spam than with OE. I set the preferences (as Cletus
    mentioned) from the git-go... before spammers had a chance to find me. Yahoo!'s filtering system is
    very good as well.

    --
    Chere ~ GRR Sanibel, FL / Cumberland, MD

  18. Don

    Don Guest

    Ok, I found out some numbers but the verbal comparison of the Giro and Spaero is somewhat
    conflicting or confusing. I will try to sort it out.

    The Spaero (Special People Aero) boom length is 11". That compares to the published 11.5" for the
    Giro. Good news for "Special People".

    The Spaero chain idler is integral to the seat bracket to eliminate additional welding on the frame.
    That is why the seat looks like it is forward of the idler. The idler moves so it is not in the same
    position as on a Giro. Remember, the Ti B bikes have a mounting plate for the seat, not the clamping
    mechanism the steel bikes have.

    The carbon fork is for skinny tires only and has reduced clearance. Great looking fork that uses the
    same Bacchetta brand brake as the other carbon fork models (not a V-brake).

    I was told the frames for the two bikes line up the same and the BB height is the same. That makes
    no sense when you consider lower clearance front fork and skinny tires. At any rate, we know the
    important boom length. I also found out the cranks are 165mm.

    Just when I got my Giro Supreme on the road, http://pictures.care2.com/welcome/119550752 I
    get topped.

  19. Don

    Don Guest

    Found out the Spaero head tube (the bottom portion) is longer to make up for the shorter fork crown.
    That keeps it fairly equivalent to the Giro for height and angle.