click

mchiarella

Aug 6, 2010
Have a loud click on a guru geneo with sram force. Happens with heavy cranking on the right pedal such as when out of the saddle and going up hill.

Bike mechanic took the bottom bracket apart and rebuilt and greased everything. Everything is tight. Thinks it is an internal cable to the rear derailleur that passes thru the bottom bracket on a plastic sleeve specific to Sram force so hen the frame is flexed by the bottom bracket, the cable moves and makes a noise. Any ideas or experience with this problem.

yes, if there is one place where the bike makes a click noise, it is from the BB area.
from what kind of material is your frame ?

Easy stuff first.
Step 1: remove right pedal, grease threads, reinstall to correct torque.

This is a long shot but it happened to me. I had a loud click when cranking with my left foot. The noise was coming from my pedal. I was using Nashbar Mt Ventoux pedals and there was a steel retaining plate covering the spring housing. One of the screws had backed out a little and was right in line with a screw in the cleat. The noise was developed by the screws interfering with one another. Again this is a long shot but a possibility.

mchiarella said:
Have a loud click on a guru geneo with sram force. Happens with heavy cranking on the right pedal such as when out of the saddle and going up hill.

Let us know what resolves your clicking problem.

I ride a Guru Geneo as well and have the same problem - only it's when I climb out of saddle on the down stroke of the left foot right around 6:00.

My mechanic also thinks it's from improper routing of the cables ( seems some prior wrench put them above the spindle sleeve rather than below it and there was no shim at all.

You shouldn't use the SRAM shim - Guru makes a special shim for the geneo to replace the ones that come with the BB ( at least for Dura-Ace). They're around 30 bucks - contact customer service via the web site

I'm waiting for mine now so can't say for sure that's the problem.

One of the other more problematic possibility is partial unbonding of the BB shell from the frame - but if you're the original owner you may be covered and Guru will fix it.

Besides building the best bike in the world Guru has the best customer service so I would certainly talk to them about the shim and contact them again if the problem remains after you install the shim.

Make sure it isn't coming from your cleat / pedal. I've had that happen to me, although on a different cleat / pedal combination than you have.