clicking look pedal

memphiscyclist

Dec 19, 2003
Has anyone ever had problems with a clicking noise coming from the pedal? I had a pair of look pedals that were about 3 years old that began clicking. It became progressively worse until finally it was so bad that I could actually feel the vibration of the click each time the crank rotated. Finally, I dumped the pedals and got some new ones. This solved the problem for about a month, until last night I noticed a very soft click trying to start up again. I don't mean a creak, which is cause by the cleats. I did notice that this started after a few rainy rides. Any suggestions?

It may be a bad bearing inside the pedal. Although those bearings are pretty tough, there is always the possiblity of failure. The pedal is fairly easy to dissemble, just unscrew the retaining ring surrounding the spindle and pull the spindle out. The bearings are a sealed cartridge type and easily replaced. See if you can get a new set from your local bike shop, or maybe even direct from Look.

Originally posted by memphiscyclist
Has anyone ever had problems with a clicking noise coming from the pedal? I had a pair of look pedals that were about 3 years old that began clicking. It became progressively worse until finally it was so bad that I could actually feel the vibration of the click each time the crank rotated. Finally, I dumped the pedals and got some new ones. This solved the problem for about a month, until last night I noticed a very soft click trying to start up again. I don't mean a creak, which is cause by the cleats. I did notice that this started after a few rainy rides. Any suggestions?

yes look pedals make soudns which can be loud annoying and hard to fix