Clicking noise from pedals?

GrowingStronger

Aug 22, 2013
Hi, guys. I crashed my MB, left pedal made a hard impact on rock on the left spindle. I,immediately had a moderately loud clicking sound upon pedaling, I believe when the pedal is roughly at the 12:00 position. I previously had the exact same sound from a different make of pedal, and it ultimately failed due to a broken internal component in the spindle. New pedals resolved it at that time. However, I swapped out for a new pair, same make, Forte Convert, and this time, I still have the click. I do long rides, miles and miles often from home base, I would have to have a failure of pedal, crank, chain ring or derailleur far from home. Could it be the crank or something to do with the other components, even the disc brakes? BTW, inverting the bike upside down and turning the pedals hard does not produce said click. I see nothing rubbing or out of alignment, brakes and shifting work fine. Thoughts, advice? TIA.

Hope not. Actually, I took the whole thing apart, cleaned everything and put it back together. Everything seems good, no more noise.