clicking noises on certain gears?

Ablang

Guest
I usually have bad luck w/ inheriting used bikes.

The front gears (1-3) usually have no problem.

It seems to be when I shift gears in the rear (whether it's 1-6, 1-7,
or 1-8; 18 to 24 speed bikes) that I usually have problems. It's
mostly with the lowest one or two gears in the rear (used for going up
hills) that make noises whether uphill or flat land.

Does anyone know a good site to recommend on how to fix that?

Ablang wrote:
> I usually have bad luck w/ inheriting used bikes.
>
> The front gears (1-3) usually have no problem.
>
> It seems to be when I shift gears in the rear (whether it's 1-6, 1-7,
> or 1-8; 18 to 24 speed bikes) that I usually have problems. It's
> mostly with the lowest one or two gears in the rear (used for going up
> hills) that make noises whether uphill or flat land.
>
> Does anyone know a good site to recommend on how to fix that?

Torque the lockring of your cassette.

Lou