Clicking sound while pedalling

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by SniperX, May 20, 2003.

1. SniperX

SniperX New Member

notice that theres this clicking sound when pedalling but if i put the bike on a stand n pedal using my hands it isnt present..... i checked my shoes and realise that when i shake them there is this clicking sound in fact comign from them... so is the sound from the shoes instead of the bike? using nike altea shoes with look cleats.... can shoes actually have those "clicking sounds" when u shake them?

Tags:

2. lobo13_2000

lobo13_2000 New Member

I had the same problem, got shimano pedals and diadora shoes. I found, if u chuck some Lubricant or vaseline on them, they are fine. I think its from the shoes rubbing against them under weight.

3. Kristian

Kristian New Member

Maby try some new cleats?
    Is there an older shimano cleat hole in the botom. the bolt in that can sometimes make a noise.

4. Etxy

Etxy New Member

I have Lake CX301 shoes, compatible with Look, Spd and SpdR, and the problem is that the SPD and SpdR fastening things bolt holes are designed to slide up and down, and they tend to click as they slide in the sole of the shoe. I haven't founf a way to stop that yet. Any help would be appreciated.

5. SniperX

SniperX New Member

i just got rid of the clicks... at least the loudest ones... and yeah its the boltssssss on the bottom of the shoes... u have to stuff something in maybe paper or some object to stopthem from sliding and there u go no more big clicks =)