Clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Geoff Pearson

I've been moaning here about clicking noises. I put on a new chain and cassette in September and
sometime since I noticed this clicking/crunchy sound. Lots of fiddling and new jockey wheels helped.
But last week I put another new chain on and silence reigned - bliss. The September chain, a
Halfords Tyan (I think), was definitely longer than it should be and the PC48 made the difference.

I do 60 miles a week on average going to work - how long should a chain last? I'm not an
aggressive rider.

Geoff Pearson wrote:
> I've been moaning here about clicking noises. I put on a new chain and cassette in September and
> sometime since I noticed this clicking/crunchy sound. Lots of fiddling and new jockey wheels
> helped. But last week I put another new chain on and silence reigned
> - bliss. The September chain, a Halfords Tyan (I think), was definitely longer than it should be
> and the PC48 made the difference.
>
> I do 60 miles a week on average going to work - how long should a chain last? I'm not an
> aggressive rider.

How often do you clean your chain? I had clicking noises that were alleviated when I
cleaned my chain.

--
- Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

> How often do you clean your chain? I had clicking noises that were alleviated when I cleaned
> my chain.
>
> --
> - Zilla Cary, NC

Same with me.

Fredzep

When it gets dirty, often when dusty...sometimes after each ride.

"Fredzep" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> > How often do you clean your chain? I had clicking noises that were alleviated when I cleaned my
> > chain.
> >
> > --
> > - Zilla Cary, NC
>
> Same with me.
>
> Fredzep

Status
Not open for further replies.