Clicking

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Geoff Pearson, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. I've been moaning here about clicking noises. I put on a new chain and cassette in September and
    sometime since I noticed this clicking/crunchy sound. Lots of fiddling and new jockey wheels helped.
    But last week I put another new chain on and silence reigned - bliss. The September chain, a
    Halfords Tyan (I think), was definitely longer than it should be and the PC48 made the difference.

    I do 60 miles a week on average going to work - how long should a chain last? I'm not an
    aggressive rider.

    Tags:

  2. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Geoff Pearson wrote:
    > I've been moaning here about clicking noises. I put on a new chain and cassette in September and
    > sometime since I noticed this clicking/crunchy sound. Lots of fiddling and new jockey wheels
    > helped. But last week I put another new chain on and silence reigned
    > - bliss. The September chain, a Halfords Tyan (I think), was definitely longer than it should be
    > and the PC48 made the difference.
    >
    > I do 60 miles a week on average going to work - how long should a chain last? I'm not an
    > aggressive rider.

    How often do you clean your chain? I had clicking noises that were alleviated when I
    cleaned my chain.

    --
    - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

  3. Fredzep

    Fredzep Guest

    > How often do you clean your chain? I had clicking noises that were alleviated when I cleaned
    > my chain.
    >
    > --
    > - Zilla Cary, NC

    Same with me.

    Fredzep

  4. When it gets dirty, often when dusty...sometimes after each ride.