Road Cycling · Public discussion

Climb to Kaiser Finisher

Started by quenya · · Last activity · 3 posts · 866 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
29 June 2010
Last activity
29 June 2010
Original author
quenya
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
866
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. The Climb to Kaiser was Saturday the 26th, and I took my first stab at it. It is a tough ride, billed as 155 miles with 14,500 feet of climbing. I went into the ride with plenty of confidence because of several training rides on the exact climbs we were doing on the day of the race.

    I finished in 11:17, which I'm proud of. I rode conservatively, struggled finding a rhythm on Tollhouse and suffered from some GI issues up Big Creek finally spending quite a while on the toilet at the next rest stop, after which I felt like a new man and was passing guys all the way up to Kaiser and was alone for most of the next 62 miles down the mountain and into the valley. I even passed two guys on the descent, which again I'm proud of because after a crash in March I've been very slowly relaxing and regaining confidence in my downhill bike handling.

  2. quenya said:

    ...and suffered from some GI issues up Big Creek finally spending quite a while on the toilet at the next rest stop, after which I felt like a new man and was passing guys all the way up to Kaiser

    This just verifies what Confucius once said:
    There's nothing as overrated as sex and as underrated as a good sh1t.

  3. alienator said:

    This just verifies what Confucius once said:
    There's nothing as overrated as sex and as underrated as a good sh1t.

    Lovely 🙄, but true! Honestly I can't imagine any PED having that much of a benefit that suddenly.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.