Climbing and mileage.

cyclitom, you seem to have great difficulty grasping these realities:

> A large percentage of pros, racers, etc use smart trainers and the software associated with them, not in place of riding on the road, but more as an addition to (or in place of during funky weather)
> Your reference to zwift as a video game is, well...blatantly ignorant. As was your reference to Chris Froome never utilizing this great tool.
> One can "climb real roads" AND ride trainers in the same season / week / day, whatever.

tommy is an asshole. And a liar.

He actually believes 100K climbing amounts to something. It does not. I'm just a little under 229K on Zwift AND passed his 100K road climbing. It's NOT difficult. Hell, I earned the Tron bike in just a few months of riding. That requires 164,042 feet of climbing.

A coupe weeks ago he claimed he could produce 600 Watts for an hour.

He also claimed the average vet could produce an astounding 800 Watts for an hour.

He then tried to say the well, he actually only made 300 Watts for an hour!

He's "almost 74" years old and has a belly the size of Montana.

In reality, tommy has ZERO idea what Watts really are and how little he actually makes. He does not even own a power meter.

tommy also has zero concept of scientific training nor does he have any experience with any of the computer-based training sites, their program strong points and how many champions use them.

tommy has no idea that a hard session on any of the virtual workout sites can be more difficult and more beneficial that a road workout.

he's absolutely clueless when it comes to massed or distributed training, targeted training or any of the modern cycling training methods.

He has ZERO clues as to 'who' uses them or for how many hours. Or what gains they see as a direct result of indoor training. He has no information on training plans, workouts or cyber racing.

All he has recently done is bag on anything and everything he's clueless about, even after having been informed that his beliefs are out of date, faulty, based on incorrect premises and/or mathematically impossible. Please allow him to explain to you how he invented everything except the light bulb, but still can't figure out the basic expressions of training with power.

He's become a punching bag for his incorrect 'knowledge' about helmet safety, Asian carbon frames he claimed were made in Chicago, racing, tires, adjusting and maintaining components, material science, and a bunch of other topics he waxes increasingly stupid on.

In his defense, he keeps mentioning a severe blow to his head that happened recently and I fear he has not and never will recover from that. Toss in the early stages of Alzheimers and I think we have a reasonable explanation for his behavior.

Last edited:
Well then, I was hoping to be made aware of "the rest of the story", and now I have it. Thanks CAMPYBOB...I can now move on.

Reactions: CAMPYBOB
Another benefit of riding on Zwift is that you can avoid the '600 Watt' wonders of real life.

Maybe the old BBS needs the YOU MISSED YOUR CALLING AS A PROFESSIONAL CYCLIST! alerts. LOL!

Well then, I was hoping to be made aware of "the rest of the story", and now I have it. Thanks CAMPYBOB...I can now move on.
Are you going to move on like PansyBob to play a video game and pretend that it is like the real thing? Or are you moving on to actually ride.

Remember that PansyBob was just telling us that his hero Cat 2 friend was making 240 watts with a heart rate of 150. Think about that - were those numbers he was getting from a video game? Didn't I just show a 25 minute Master's Crit in which the MASTERS rider was peaking at 900+ watts and with a heart rate of 160-170? And he was middle of the pack.

In a real race a Cat 2 would have a heart rate more along the lines of 190. So if he was riding with a heart rate of 150 that shows how little he was being stressed.

MILES LOGGED DAYS HRS ELEVATION GAIN PIZZA POWER
distance.png
5,309 12 4
elevation.png
228,684 ft
pizza.png

Started on Zwift last October.

I'm blessed to be able to climb on the open roads and on Zwift.

Just looked at Garmin Connect records for the Summer.
Elevation Gain 6,175 ft
Farthest 106.08 mi

Nothing to brag about, but they do indicate I've had a lot of fun!

So if he was riding with a heart rate of 150 that shows how little he was being stressed.

rfield54, here is another excellent example of tommy's lack of comprehension regarding human physiology and performance attributes. He fails to realize...even after repeated data from other riders has been posted...that different heart rates under identical conditions is perfectly normal. The variation in HR's can be significant in many cases.

tommy talks about 'stress' and again would lose it if he knew how well the gentleman in question finished in his event.

tommy refuses to accept evidence that does not agree with his biased and outdated world view. That may well be a follow on from his severe head injury, the onset of Alzheimer's or just from just becoming old and slow.

The other day he posted about some guy that was obviously importing and selling Chinese open mold carbon frames out of Chicago for $1000. Frames you can snag off Alibaba or eBay for $400. tommy claimed they were made in the United States. I emailed the seller and he confirmed the source as "Asia".

tommy's rants on tubeless road bike tires are epic and his spews on helmet 'safety' are bizarre. Get him going on almost any cycling subject and hilarity will ensue. For awhile his claims about carbon fiber being the Devil was some of the dumbest stuff I ever read on the internet! Absolutely hysterical!

If he saw the validated data from ZP he would flip out. All he can do lie some more, distort the facts and shout out "video game!" while ignoring real life results.

Oh well. As long as everyone knows he lies about most of life or just plain gets it wrong every time he posts...at least we have something to laugh at.

rfield54, here is another excellent example of tommy's lack of comprehension regarding human physiology and performance attributes. He fails to realize...even after repeated data from other riders has been posted...that different heart rates under identical conditions is perfectly normal. The variation in HR's can be significant in many cases.

tommy talks about 'stress' and again would lose it if he knew how well the gentleman in question finished in his event.

tommy refuses to accept evidence that does not agree with his biased and outdated world view. That may well be a follow on from his severe head injury, the onset of Alzheimer's or just from just becoming old and slow.

The other day he posted about some guy that was obviously importing and selling Chinese open mold carbon frames out of Chicago for $1000. Frames you can snag off Alibaba or eBay for $400. tommy claimed they were made in the United States. I emailed the seller and he confirmed the source as "Asia".

tommy's rants on tubeless road bike tires are epic and his spews on helmet 'safety' are bizarre. Get him going on almost any cycling subject and hilarity will ensue. For awhile his claims about carbon fiber being the Devil was some of the dumbest stuff I ever read on the internet! Absolutely hysterical!

If he saw the validated data from ZP he would flip out. All he can do lie some more, distort the facts and shout out "video game!" while ignoring real life results.

Oh well. As long as everyone knows he lies about most of life or just plain gets it wrong every time he posts...at least we have something to laugh at.
Unlike you who did what for a living? I actually worked in medical instrument research and development. Including building the first practical heart/lung machine. Cancer detection and treatment. Detection of HIV in the blood banking system so that people like Greg Lemond could use the system instead of almost dying without it.

You can certainly learn a great deal about physiology from books but if you continue to tell me that 150 bpm is a good heart rate for maximum output that certainly proves that you haven't even the vaguest idea what you're talking about.

"Cat 2 friend was making 240 watts with a heart rate of 150. Think about that - were those numbers he was getting from a video game?"

Incorrect again. Road event.

Didn't I just show a 25 minute Master's Crit in which the MASTERS rider was peaking at 900+ watts and with a heart rate of 160-170? And he was middle of the pack."

WTF? Now you are comparing max. Watts with Avg. Watts? WTH is wrong with you? Are you mental or still suffering the results of your head injury.

"In a real race a Cat 2 would have a heart rate more along the lines of 190. So if he was riding with a heart rate of 150 that shows how little he was being stressed."

Seriously, you're a blithering idiot. There were probably times in that race where his HR was much, much higher than his avg. But I have not seen that data so I can not tell you where his HR went, when it went high, over what terrain or attacks or chasing, etc.

tommy, you are seriously one ****ed up individual. You and Glenn Stephens esq. might truly be one and the same person.

I actually worked in medical instrument research and development. Including building the first practical heart/lung machine. Cancer detection and treatment. Detection of HIV in the blood banking system so that people like Greg Lemond could use the system instead of almost dying without it.

Here we go! The man that invented everything except the light bulb! LMFAO!

I told you, rfield54,! Get him going and it never stops! He's done everything, invented everything, knows everything! LOL!

Reactions: rfield54
Modern trainers and training programs yield insane workouts. With REAL numbers. Not some made-up ********.

Sufferfest, Trainer Road, Zwift, Rouvy, Virtugo, Road Grand Tours, Training Peaks, Golden Cheetah, Fulgaz, Kinomap, Kinetic, TACX, etc. are all train by the numbers and compete against the best in the world.

You'll never climb the Alpe d'Huez on a weekly schedule, but on several of the virtual programs you can do it as often as you like.
I actually went to France and saw l'Alpe d'Huez. You couldn't make it half way once. The very fact that you say something like that shows that you and your video game belong together.

WUT???

Well...you're sure showing us what an ass you are. Keep up the good work there Mr. Lying 600 Watts!

And it's great that you and George Hincapie can make that same exact power level! Woohoo! This is hysterical stuff! tommy finally went off the deep end and stroked out!

WUT???

Well...you're sure showing us what an ass you are. Keep up the good work there Mr. Lying 600 Watts!

And it's great that you and George Hincapie can make that same exact power level! Woohoo! This is hysterical stuff! tommy finally went off the deep end and stroked out!
And the Pansy is off again. Tell us - you must be one of those Fake News sources misquoting President Trump as well.

Man up and apologize for all your lies, Mr. 600 Watts for an hour chickenshit.

And another cowardly misrepresentation since you cannot yourself ride well enough than to do better than next to last in a citizen's MASTERS race. What are you - 45 years old and lying your way into a masters division?

You've NEVER posted 'actual figures'. Those come from a power meter and a complete data file. You have neither.

This idiocy of yours has long passed the point of insanity on your part! It's so far out of the realm of reality that I can't stop laughing at how dumb you really are about cycling, training and power. That thump on the noggin must have really fried you!

And you the lie some more by claiming it was a "mistake"!!! LMAO! One hellova "mistake" for a guy that invented everything but the light bub and lived by numbers! Huh?!?!

Than you claimed the average Joe vet could do EIGHT HUNDRED WATTS! For an hour!!!! LMFAO!

Nope, dumbass. That was no "mistake". That was YOU lying your ass off repeatedly.

Mistake? Nope. It wasn't a "mistake". It was a blatant lie and one that you repeated over and over. Then you tried to claim the average vet rider could make 800 Watts! LMFAO!

You had every chance to correct your "mistake" and yet you did NOT! You continued to argue, like the dumb **** that you are, that you made 600 Watts. For an entire HOUR!

Instead of admitting that you lied and had no idea how little power you actually make you continued to lie like the little ***** that you are.

C'mon little *****. Let's see that power file that proves you can make 300 Watts for an hour! LMAO! Hell, post up your data file that proves your fat ****ing ass can make 300 Watts for 20 minutes!

Keep lying, moron. You NEVER, EVER made 600 Watts.

Not for the hour that you claimed and then repeatedly claimed.

Not for 20 minutes.

Not for 10 minutes.

Not for 5 minutes.

Not even for ONE stinking minute of your miserable, lying life.

And yet here you are.

STILL defending your lying ass.

With EVERY post you make you reinforce the fact that you lied to a man that came to the board seeking advice. You lied to everyone that read that thread. More importantly, you lied to yourself over and over after being exposed as a fake.

Man up, ******** and apologize for your lying.

You've NEVER posted 'actual figures'. Those come from a power meter and a complete data file. You have neither.

This idiocy of yours has long passed the point of insanity on your part! It's so far out of the realm of reality that I can't stop laughing at how dumb you really are about cycling, training and power. That thump on the noggin must have really fried you!

And you the lie some more by claiming it was a "mistake"!!! LMAO! One hellova "mistake" for a guy that invented everything but the light bub and lived by numbers! Huh?!?!

Than you claimed the average Joe vet could do EIGHT HUNDRED WATTS! For an hour!!!! LMFAO!

Nope, dumbass. That was no "mistake". That was YOU lying your ass off repeatedly.

Mistake? Nope. It wasn't a "mistake". It was a blatant lie and one that you repeated over and over. Then you tried to claim the average vet rider could make 800 Watts! LMFAO!

You had every chance to correct your "mistake" and yet you did NOT! You continued to argue, like the dumb **** that you are, that you made 600 Watts. For an entire HOUR!

Instead of admitting that you lied and had no idea how little power you actually make you continued to lie like the little ***** that you are.

C'mon little *****. Let's see that power file that proves you can make 300 Watts for an hour! LMAO! Hell, post up your data file that proves your fat ****ing ass can make 300 Watts for 20 minutes!

Keep lying, moron. You NEVER, EVER made 600 Watts.

Not for the hour that you claimed and then repeatedly claimed.

Not for 20 minutes.

Not for 10 minutes.

Not for 5 minutes.

Not even for ONE stinking minute of your miserable, lying life.

And yet here you are.

STILL defending your lying ass.

With EVERY post you make you reinforce the fact that you lied to a man that came to the board seeking advice. You lied to everyone that read that thread. More importantly, you lied to yourself over and over after being exposed as a fake.

Man up, ******** and apologize for your lying.
You have never posted figures from a real power meter either. But continue telling everyone that you could if you wanted to. Or quoting numbers off of that video game that was so far away from reality that it's easy to see where you've gotten your screwy ideas.

Nope. Unlike your lying sack of **** fat ass, I never lied about my data.

You, on the other hand, started this whole ball of wax with a big 600 Watts for an hour lie.

Then you continued to lie.

You did it all to yourself.

That makes you a lying sack of **** moron.

Tell us, again how you "permanently disabled" six men!!! LMFAO!

Keep that spotlight on yourself, dumbass and congratulations on being so retarded!

Tell us how that frightened you so much that you are scared to give me your name and address so that I can come and give you my apology first hand. And maybe second hand if I think another apology is warranted.