Climbing

news:<[email protected]>...
> "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > Now I put one of my bikes on a trainer and hit it hard.
>
> And the cycle (arr-arr) of abuse continues.
>
> Bill "shouldn't someone alert an agency or something?" S.

What I choose to do in the privacy of my own home is my business! Call the ACLU! Defend my right to
wear a leather bra and beat my bike!

> > > Now I put one of my bikes on a trainer and hit it hard.
> >
> > And the cycle (arr-arr) of abuse continues.
> >
> > Bill "shouldn't someone alert an agency or something?" S.
>
> What I choose to do in the privacy of my own home is my business! Call the ACLU! Defend my right
> to wear a leather bra and beat my bike!

I guess that would explain the squealing sound coming from your brakes.
--
Slacker

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> > > Now I put one of my bikes on a trainer and hit it hard.
> >
> > And the cycle (arr-arr) of abuse continues.
> >
> > Bill "shouldn't someone alert an agency or something?" S.
>
> What I choose to do in the privacy of my own home is my business! Call the ACLU! Defend my right
> to wear a leather bra and beat my bike!

On behalf of the group, let me just say this:

THANKS A LOT FOR *THAT* VISUAL!!!

Bill "where's Mr. Chris in a thong when ya need him?" S.

penny s <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Craig Brossman wrote:
> > "penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> Observation: Not trying to be sexist here, but why is it that I know more male riders ( not
> >> all, certainly) than female riders who really like to whine about going UP " we never ride
> >> there, too much climbing?" I never hear this from women. Really.
> >>

> >> Penny
> > I think it is because we have to make up reasons to whine, given we don't have the re-occuring
> > biological ones.
>
> confession: one specific person in mind. Newest coolest most expensive everything... from
> computer, headlamps, top end GF bike, ladida this that and the other thing... Any time I suggest
> a ride other than the standard loop that's done on wednesday... it's like a broken record...
> nah, too
much
> climbing there.

That's not because he's a man, it's because he's a poser.

More women than men moan about physical exertion - it's a proven scientific fact.

Shaun aRe

> More women than men moan about physical exertion - it's a proven
scientific
> fact.

"about" or "during"?

John Harlow <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:0cZ9.51466$_s4.37396@rwcrnsc54...
> > More women than men moan about physical exertion - it's a proven
> scientific
> > fact.
>
> "about" or "during"?

Both. Other stuff too. It's a scientific fact that women are generally better psycho-emotionally
equipped for efficient and frequent moaning than blokes. Not that I'm moaning about it, being a
bloke and all.

Shaun aRe

On 24 Jan 2003 23:06:06 -0800, Paladin wrote:

> Exactamundo. If you don't like climbing and pain, don't move to Boise for its mountainbiking.

Hmm, must be a Northwest thing. Its like that around here, too. The bad thing about it is, there's
really no place to take newbies.

BB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 24 Jan 2003 23:06:06 -0800, Paladin wrote:
>
> > Exactamundo. If you don't like climbing and pain, don't move to Boise for its mountainbiking.
>
> Hmm, must be a Northwest thing. Its like that around here, too. The bad thing about it is, there's
> really no place to take newbies.

Send them to the Eastern US, there are a lot of "beginner" riders getting by there.

JD

> > > Exactamundo. If you don't like climbing and pain, don't move to Boise for its mountainbiking.
> >
> > Hmm, must be a Northwest thing. Its like that around here, too. The bad thing about it is,
> > there's really no place to take newbies.
>
> Send them to the Eastern US, there are a lot of "beginner" riders getting
by there.

Bring 'em on! All skill levels are welcome here.

Moron donkey

> BB <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > On 24 Jan 2003 23:06:06 -0800, Paladin wrote:
> >
> > > Exactamundo. If you don't like climbing and pain, don't move to Boise for its mountainbiking.
> >
> > Hmm, must be a Northwest thing. Its like that around here, too. The bad thing about it is,
> > there's really no place to take newbies.
>
> Send them to the Eastern US, there are a lot of "beginner" riders getting
by there.

> JD

BB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 24 Jan 2003 23:06:06 -0800, Paladin wrote:
>
> > Exactamundo. If you don't like climbing and pain, don't move to Boise for its mountainbiking.
>
> Hmm, must be a Northwest thing. Its like that around here, too. The bad thing about it is, there's
> really no place to take newbies.

Remember Jim from our NW Epic last summer? He takes out newbies all the time, and in his quiet,
grinning, grandfatherly way, he beats the sh$t out of them, and they love it. At least they come
back excited for more. I did a write-up on a poor sap a while back who filletted himself open pretty
good during a ride with Jim.

It's just that we only have 2 or 3 decent trails "easy" enough to break a newbie in on. Then it's
into the frying pan.