Clincher VS tubular

daveryanwyoming

Oct 3, 2006
Originally Posted by jodon .

The advantages of clincher?The advantages of tubular wheels?Which one do you prefer?
- Clinchers, easier to maintain, easier to change flats and not have to worry about a poorly bonded tubular while out on the road you can easily carry two spare tubes and a patch kit and survive multiple flats with clnchers, most folks would only carry one or possibly two tubular spares and then you're finished if you flat again. If you really glue a tubular well for lowest rolling resistance it can be a nightmare to do a roadside change. If you glue less securely or with something like Tufo tape then they're easier to change along the road but you'll pay with increased rolling resistance. These aren't tradeoffs you have to make with clinchers.

- Good clinchers over latex tubes roll faster than all but the lightest weight and very securely glued tubulars

- Tubular wheelsets tend to be lighter

- Some like the ride quality and cornering feel of tubulars better but IMO, modern clinchers, especially on wider rims (e.g. 23.5 mm HED C2 rims) corner really nicely

- Tubulars can be run at lower pressures without as much risk of pinch flats, this is a big deal in some cycling disciplines but especially in cyclocross where tubulars are king for the ability to run crazy low pressures like 25 to 30 psi during slick and muddy races without worrying about pinch flats. On the road this isn't a big deal but off road it's amazing how well a low pressure and welll glued cyclocross tubular can perform

I run tubulars in cyclocross and still have some nice tubular road wheels but they're not seeing much use these days as my road clinchers perform really well and are easier to deal with.

-Dave

You know, "Jodon", you can sell your **** in the classifieds section. You don't have to spam threads to hustle your ****.

...How about this 3 spoke wheels do you think....
I think I've been manipulated by a spammer.

Pay for advertising on the site or leave your product ads out of the discussions. I'd highly recommend that others reading this thread do NOT visit your site and do NOT purchase products from companies that are can't pay for honest advertisement and resort to spamming to generate sales interest.

The price may be good (I don't know as I won't look) but readers here need to ask themselves what sort of support do you expect to get from a company that uses such obvious deception to advertise their products? Do you really trust this company?